CC Ecosse ride June

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scook94

Veteran
HLaB said:
Oh I see what you mean now, I must of been in a rush when I typed it.

LOL You must've been in a rush when you typed that too, as you still didn't answer! :biggrin:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
:biggrin:

HLaB, there are trains to Glasgow too (and in all directions from there onwards) ... ;)
That's what I would use if I wasn't otherwise engaged :biggrin:

T

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Just been checking out my childcare - none available.

I'm having no bloody luck getting on any rides so far this year. In the words of Kevin the Teenager - "IT'S SOOOOOOO UNFAIR!!!"

;)

Telemark said:
That's the Fifer in you :biggrin: .. in that case you could cycle all the way ;)

How far would that be (just out of interest) :biggrin::ohmy::ohmy:

T
Unemployed Student Fifer's

IIRC its about 50 mile to Glasgow (100 there and back) + the 40 mile forum ride a bit too much giving my current state of fitness.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
HLaB said:
Unemployed Student Fifer's

IIRC its about 50 mile to Glasgow (100 there and back) + the 40 mile forum ride a bit too much giving my current state of fitness.

:biggrin: I fondly remembered an ex work colleague when you did your "Fifer" thing - he was just the same (and proud of it), makes me smile :sad:.

Speaking of current state of fitness (and going off topic - apologies to Coco :biggrin:) - have any of you cycled the wee road between Polton and Loanhead, across the river North Esk? That would make a nice "test" for a future CC Ecosse ride :ohmy:, very picturesque :sad: but you pay for the nice downhill bit ;). HJ and I went along there last weekend after a ride out in Midlothian and thought we'd see what it's like - there was a wee cue in the chevrons on the OS map ... HJ was ahead of me and stopped with one last climb to go ... I'll never know if I would have made it all the way to the top, as I stopped too :biggrin:...
Must try again at some point, unfinished business!

T

Telemark said:
:angry: I fondly remembered an ex work colleague when you did your "Fifer" thing - he was just the same (and proud of it), makes me smile :laugh:.

Speaking of current state of fitness (and going off topic - apologies to Coco :blush:) - have any of you cycled the wee road between Polton and Loanhead, across the river North Esk? That would make a nice "test" for a future CC Ecosse ride :ohmy:, very picturesque :tongue: but you pay for the nice downhill bit :blush:. HJ and I went along there last weekend after a ride out in Midlothian and thought we'd see what it's like - there was a wee cue in the chevrons on the OS map ... HJ was ahead of me and stopped with one last climb to go ... I'll never know if I would have made it all the way to the top, as I stopped too :blush:...
Must try again at some point, unfinished business!

T

I don't think I have, I didn't realise there was any picturesque parts of Bonnyrigg.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
HLaB said:
I saw it on Memory Map it looks fairly steep, did you do it east to west or visa versa?

We went east to west (Polton to Loadhead), the other way seems to have a couple of slightly flatter "steps" on the way (as far as I remember).

You could always try it both ways and report back here :blush:
It's fun finding a hidden inverse hill quite close by :blush: ...
I'll take photos the next time (oops that involved stopping :angry:, the really pretty bits are along the river at the bottom where it's flat, and the view from the E side across to the W bank, full of flowering hawthorn bushes)

found a better map here (OS 1:25,000)

T

Top Bottom