CC Ecosse: Round the Forth Bridges - Sun 31st July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

edindave

Über Member
I'm planning an easy-paced ride round the Forth Bridges (appx 40 miles) on Sunday leaving from the Edinburgh side at about 10am.

If anyone is interested and can make it I'd be happy to have some company.

I was planning to finish at Craigies Farm shop for some lunch, but if anyone comes along and would like a cafe stop on the way to break up the ride, then that would be absolutely fine by me.

Sorry it's such short notice, but I've only just got a pass for the day
biggrin.gif

Anyone up for it? Let me know and I'll post a route and details for a meeting point.

Roadkill

I drop my lot off at Edinburgh airport that morning so I'll join you :smile:

Will bring some gears this time...

OP
OP
edindave

edindave

Über Member
I drop my lot off at Edinburgh airport that morning so I'll join you :smile:

Will bring some gears this time...

Excellent! You'll need the gears to slow down to my easy pace
thumbsup.png

I've got another 'yes' from a pal at work, so we're up to 3... the posse is growing! :bicycle:
thebiggrin.gif

Trying to work out the best meeting place... there's a lorry park on the east side of the road bridge at the end of Ferrymuir Gate.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
hmmm ... what time are you thinking of having lunch at Craigie's? I might be able to pop out for a quick lunch on the bike, but can't promise just yet.

T

OP
OP
edindave

edindave

Über Member
hmmm ... what time are you thinking of having lunch at Craigie's? I might be able to pop out for a quick lunch on the bike, but can't promise just yet.

T

If we set off at 10:00 on an easy pace, at a rough guess we'll get to Craigies sometime around 13:00-14:00. Depending on any stops of course.

OP
OP
edindave

edindave

Über Member
What would the route be?

I'll need to plot a route manually and post it up.

The last couple of times I did it I went down into Limekilns which I think might be best to avoid - a couple of really rough stretches are not all that suitable for road bikes, I found them bad enough on my hybrid.

The best alternative on the North side of the Forth, unless you want to cycle along the busy A985 is to head uphill to Dunfermline and enjoy the downhill through Crosfford, Cairneyhil, Toryburn, Valleyfield and Culross to a short section of path which leads you to Kincardine. DCC regularly go that way :-)

Top Bottom