CC Ecosse: Round the Forth Bridges - Sun 31st July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HonestMan1910

Über Member
HM - a DOUBLE blowout? How did you manage that?

Hi a 10 inch long pothole straight on, my own fault as i was riding to close in to the side of the road at the time, fortunately it was on the way home at Linlithgow and rather than faff about with changing it I phoned Mrs K and she came and swept me up into the car.

I got to Craigies around 2pm, Scoosh about 2.05pm and the rest were about 20 mins behind.

Hope HJ is not too sore and gets fit soon.

OP
OP
edindave

edindave

Über Member
Didn't see any of the view but here's one of most of the gang...

Sorry you couldn't make it today.

Attachments

• 278443_10150712057945464_868665463_19361603_7711670_o.jpg
    278443_10150712057945464_868665463_19361603_7711670_o.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 78

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Nice ride out to Craigie's yesterday pm - got there at 1300.

No one around ...

... so carried on, eyes pealed for the approaching peloton - ...

... to K'liston ...

... then Winchburgh ...

... then ThreeMileTown to the junction from where they should be coming ...

.. where I chickened out and wondered if they had taken an alternate route
huh.gif

Turned round - and was waved at by Sleekitcollie with bike on roof of car, heading for Stirling station to Inverness for a 2-day jaunt down again. Brief chat "I really must go, I've got a train ..." and I continued my return to Craigie's, doing the sums thus:

70km route. Start 1000
unsure.gif

Est 1300 - 1400 at Craigie's = NO WAY
rofl.gif
- not on a CC Ecosse ride :bicycle:

So I rode gently back to Craigie's and saw Honestman and Mrs HM, heard the tale of why he was there and joined the queue for a coffee'n'cake ... which gave plenty of time for HLAB, ED etc to arrive (service speed is not a Craigie forte
icon_rolleyes.gif

A very pleasant ride, nice to catch up (definitely in a metaphorical sense !) with SC, HM, HLaB, ED and Smout (the walking-not-coughing-or-sneezing wounded). ED is getting rather quick and keen these days .....
Laie_76A.gif
thebiggrin.gif

OP
OP
edindave

edindave

Über Member
Perhaps my ETA for Craigies was a bit optimistic in hindsight! lol

Smout (Mrs ED) is recovering well having broke her elbow falling off her bike trying to avoid a wee boy on a cycle path, but she did manage to join us for some lunch :smile:

Am already plotting my next excursion... to be posted soon!
cool.gif

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Perhaps my ETA for Craigies was a bit optimistic in hindsight! lol

Smout (Mrs ED) is recovering well having broke her elbow** falling off her bike trying to avoid a wee boy on a cycle path, but she did manage to join us for some lunch :smile:

Am already plotting my next excursion... to be posted soon!
cool.gif

** - so why the pain when coughing, sneezing etc ???

Full Disclosure, please !
mad.gif

OP
OP
edindave

edindave

Über Member
She's done her ribs too :sad:

Good news is Smout is back at work today, is off the painkillers, and has even managed some light gym work on the X-trainer and Fall-asleep bike Recumbent :biggrin:

Good news is Smout is back at work today, is off the painkillers, and has even managed some light gym work on the X-trainer and Fall-asleep bike Recumbent :biggrin:

Great news :smile: I'm not off the painkillers yet because this stupid idiot was never on them :blush: I hadn't touched the bike since Sunday but I got on the Turbo tonight for a casual 10TT and felt good, my ribs niggled at the start but by end I couldn't feel them.

OP
OP
edindave

edindave

Über Member
Sounds like your ribs are mending well HLaB, glad to hear it. All the better that you're managing through the recovery without needing tablets
thumbsup.png

Top Bottom