CC Ecosse: Round the Forth Bridges - Sun 31st July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
edindave

edindave

Über Member
drat, back to work on sunday! have a good ride!

Work! Boo!!! maybe next time :smile:

, I do this loop often , find it a nice route ( although I prefer to go the Opposite way ) and if u take the road into limekilns instead of the path ur only on the main rosyth - Kincardine rd for a few 100 yards ( tough cobbled hill on way out righ enough ) and again a cpl miles of main road till u turn off for torryburn .. Nice cafe ( small ) in culross behind the pottery shop ( cash only )
Sorry I can't. Be there I'm getting train to Inverness and cycle / camping home over a few days with a friend . Hope u have a great run guys

Sounds like a great trip sleekit, I'm quite jealous, hope you have a great time.
biggrin.gif

I know those cobbles... they do have a smooth gutter though - we could pretend it's the Champs Elysees
bravo.gif
rofl.gif

HonestMan1910

Über Member
Sounds like a great trip sleekit, I'm quite jealous, hope you have a great time.
biggrin.gif

I know those cobbles... they do have a smooth gutter though - we could pretend it's the Champs Elysees
bravo.gif
rofl.gif
Champs Elysees is flat this hill ain't

What time at Tescos tomorrow ?

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Why you not there Scoosh, not seen you in months

Indeed - but duty calls ....

... but
glutton.gif
dictates I'll come to Craigie Farm :bicycle:.

If I'm early, I'll head towards K'liston and Winchburgh and try to turn and tag on to a hungry peloton
Laie_76A.gif
Laie_76A.gif
Laie_76A.gif
of CC Ecossers.

vishenka_34.gif
???

Attachments

• Laie_76A.gif
    Laie_76A.gif
    10.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Laie_76A.gif
    Laie_76A.gif
    10.6 KB · Views: 22

Halfmanhalfbike

Über Member
Sorry folks..although it's on my doorstep I can't make it today.......I've only just got home from last night.....hangover awaits :sad:

HonestMan1910

Über Member
Good ride out today Adrian, shame about my double blow out at Linlithgow, was really enjoying the ride.

Edindave nice to meet you again and your friends, hope to see them again on future rides.

OP
OP
edindave

edindave

Über Member
That was a great route, many thanks Adrian for keeping us on decent roads. The views from West Lothian Golf Club up by Bo'Ness were awesome - could almost see the whole Fife side of the route from that point! Definitely one to do again.

Shame about the double-burst John, on the home straight as well. If it had to happen somewhere I suppose it was the best place.

Good to catch up with Scoosh at Craigies and for the ride home too.

Look forward to seeing you all again soon.
thumbsup.png

OP
OP
edindave

edindave

Über Member
Oh and what did that bloke in the car shout ? on the way home I got the shout of 'speccy' that's a new one for me :rolleyes:

I couldn't quite hear over the 1.0l engine whose pistons were about to burst through the bonnet.

"speccy" gets my vote for 'abusive shout of the day award' though
rofl.gif

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
:hello: Glad you had a great ride today! Any photos of the amazing view of Fife and/or the assembled CC Ecosse?
I ended up falling asleep again this morning after looking out the window at 5:45 ... next thing I knew it was 9:30 :blush: ...
Due to lots of things to do and having agreed to meet a friend in town at 3pm I ended up having to drop lunch at Craigie's. :sad: Just out of interest, what time did you get there?

HM - a DOUBLE blowout? How did you manage that?

Looking forward to seeing you all again some time soon! We might have to arrange a Lothians ride + CC Ecosse cake-stop Chez HJ & T's soon, as HJ will be off his bike for quite a while yet.
Week 1 of broken collar bone now over... hopefully the consultant will decide all is well tomorrow and that he doesn't need to operate on the ligaments.

T

Top Bottom