Scotland : Kingdom of Fife CC Ecosse Round The Forth Ride - Sat 15th Sept

Are you coming

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fubar

Guru
Thats what I like to hear Col :smile: unfortunately my partner is still recovering from knee surgery and big hefty hills done at pace is not a good thing for her. And that combined with my "mmm whats another cake" attitude and the few extra stone i'm finding myself carrying now its going to have to be an easy ride to get me back in the swing of things :bicycle:

p.s. it was good chocolate cake though!

Don't worry about that, I'll be trailing along at the back looking for any excuse to go slow! :mrpig: (that's me, not you!)

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Don't worry about that, I'll be trailing along at the back looking for any excuse to go slow! :mrpig: (that's me, not you!)

You been on the bike since Perth Ride?

Fubar

Guru
You been on the bike since Perth Ride?

Yeah, been out a couple of times - nothing exciting, just the usual training ride. Maddie goes to Uni for the first time this weekend so it's been a busy week or so getting her packed and ready. How was the St Andrews Sportive??

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Yeah, been out a couple of times - nothing exciting, just the usual training ride. Maddie goes to Uni for the first time this weekend so it's been a busy week or so getting her packed and ready. How was the St Andrews Sportive??

Fair enough :thumbsup:

I think if i felt better i would have done it slightly faster but im not going to lie it was the hardest course i have done and with me only doing over or near that distance once before it was tuff going, i was ready to give up after 10 miles :laugh:

Fubar

Guru
Fair enough :thumbsup:

I think if i felt better i would have done it slightly faster but im not going to lie it was the hardest course i have done and with me only doing over or near that distance once before it was tuff going, i was ready to give up after 10 miles :laugh:

Of course you had the lurgy didn't you?!? Excuses, excuses... :tongue: Was it harder than the infamous Glenfarg ride???

MissyR

Good job those brackets are there :laugh:

:tongue: I would say there was alot more hills, it never felt like the terrain was lat or downhill, could just have been the way i was feeling though, this was the hill at the end and its no where near the top where you can see too :shy:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/henryscat/7875894164/

That looks like a bugger of a hill to end on :ohmy: a bit like the Craigies farm hill :eek:

MissyR

With cakes at the top :tongue:

nom nom although that is not going to help my cause here!

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Is this round the Forth route all on decent roads? The reason I'm asking is if I come along on my 'best' bike I would prefer not to to be bumping up and down pavements etc.

the route i do round the forth the only time i bump up the the pavements is when i get to the forth road bridge, and really it`s dropped kerbs

Is this round the Forth route all on decent roads? The reason I'm asking is if I come along on my 'best' bike I would prefer not to to be bumping up and down pavements etc.
Depends which way you go, a variance the route we done last year is all on road but the sustrans ncn is pretty poor. Its years since I done the Sustrans route but from memory the bit to Rosyth Castle isn't great neither is the bit from there past Limekilns and the path up through Elgin is atrocious, the path beyond there isn't bad and has recently been built and the path to Kincardine is good (the DCC use it all the time on road bikes, its a useful shortcut). The old Kincardine Bridge is passable but narrow, its better to go a wee bit further and over the new bridge. Down through to Skinflats is all country lanes now and isn't bad but the track through to Kinneil House should be avoided (even on a mtb :ohmy:) but can easily be done. The NCN used to take you then up to the canal which is a mud bath and I believe it still takes you through the grass field of Hopetoun House. In Summary if you're on a good bike avoid the NCN, its pretty easy to do so.

Top Bottom