Scotland : Edinburgh & Lothians CC Ecosse Xmas Lunch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What about @i hate hills or @Bobby Mhor
@snorri could maybe take a trip is he's not snowed in?
@fimm
Hi Pat i'm afraid i had an operation last week and i'm in recovery mode so i wont be able to make it. But thanks for thinking of me for this. I hope you all have a wonderful time. Thanks again. Mike.

Fubar

Guru
Afternoon all :hello:. I'm back from my self-imposed exile...

Stirling? Really?? Hmmm, would have to see if Mrs Fu needs the car, she may be on call - will get back to you...

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Afternoon all :hello:. I'm back from my self-imposed exile...

Stirling? Really?? Hmmm, would have to see if Mrs Fu needs the car, she may be on call - will get back to you...
He's ALIVE !! :eek: :wahhey: He can do more than drink Tea? ?? :ohmy:

Welcome back OMIL ! :hugs: Where are we going to in Stirling ? :scratch:

ps it is reported that there might be trains from Dunf to Stirling, permitting :cheers: - or you could just Man Up and :bicycle:.

:giggle:

Fubar

Guru
He's ALIVE !! :eek: :wahhey: He can do more than drink Tea? ?? :ohmy:

Welcome back OMIL ! :hugs: Where are we going to in Stirling ? :scratch:

ps it is reported that there might be trains from Dunf to Stirling, permitting :cheers: - or you could just Man Up and :bicycle:.

:giggle:

Cycling to Stirling would normally be fine, if they hadn't forced drivers down rat run roads that are normally quiet...

I'll look Into trains, hadn't considered that they went direct? If it doesn't directly reference Clinical Governance, Palliative Care, The Prostate or my train home it's meant nothing to me lately.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Welcome back @Fubar OMIL ^_^
Been studying hard?
@Col5632 please please give us a definite place and time to meet, shifts for next week are getting texted soon, I need to know if I can take them or not :smile:

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Sorry, haven't been on This week. Kilted kangaroo is good for food and drinks. Other than that mostly generic pub grub

New place opened called the fat/ chubby cyclist, haven't tried it though

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
And i can't make the date looking back on the thread, have my works night out Friday night, then hosting my friends Saturday evening before we head to edinburgh for our Xmas night out.

Hardrock93

Guru
Just caught up with this thread. Places in Stirling? Well, for meeting up, Wetherspoons would be fine if you don't mind swapping atmosphere for cheap booze. For a slightly more trad pub feel, there's No.2 Baker Street across the road, or the rather expensive new 'craft beer' Brewdog pub. All these are very close to each other in Baker Street and a five minute walk from the station. Lots of other pubs are available!

For food, I think Pat's concerns are well founded - I expect it will be difficult to get a meal booking for a sizeable group, this close to Christmas. We had a good Xmas evening meal at Brea, next door to Brewdog, but it is tiny and probably booked up.

You might be able to get a table at Wetherspoons or somewhere similarly large, like The City Walls. There is a large, new multi-ethnic buffet restaurant, Namaste which has just opened, on Dumbarton Road, but I haven't tried it yet. There are several Indian/Pakistani restaurants and all are good, in my experience. I also like the Aussie-themed Kilted Kangaroo, which does reasonably priced pub food and is fairly large.

Fubar

Guru
Welcome back @Fubar OMIL ^_^
Been studying hard?
@Col5632 please please give us a definite place and time to meet, shifts for next week are getting texted soon, I need to know if I can take them or not :smile:

Checked trains to Stirling, 1.5hours with a change in Edinburgh and £15.20! :wacko: So nae doing that. Will see if I can get the car.

Top Bottom