England : Greater Manchester CC Manchester Velodrome: 13th April 10am -12pm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Guys, not sure we can make it. My son is being re-admitted to hospital as he's kicking off about taking his medication, and hasn't had any today. We've had a few wobbles the last few days where he has missed it/taken hours.

He's been very tired in the mornings (typical teenager won't go to bed) so he'd be a liability unless he shaped himself over this week - if he was knackered like today, he'd end up stacking it.

@longers I'll pay for our share of track hire, no problems, as if too many drop out it get's expensive - so just let me know on the day and I'll add our share is and bank transfer/paypal it to you.

Got to dash - off to hospital !!!

Good luck with that Foss.

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
Don't worry bout that fossy, be good to see you both if we do.

If anyone wants my number - get in touch. Otherwise see you all on sunday.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
He did tea time injection OK (well not like he was doing) but the 24 hour injection didn't go well in hospital. Took over 30 minutes with one of the male nurses (was on duty earlier) rather than switching his duty, stayed with him.

The 24 hour ones sting like buggery, but are needed as they really keep you levelled out. It's an acid solution, so reacts once it goes in. At least the nurses have seen it now. They have staff lined up to see mum and lad tomorrow to help

Let you all know how it goes.Need to get his mind on task, and to be refreshed (ish) on mornings. Typical teenager though, but with added 'you ned to eat/inject/test/ symptoms'

MAY see you all there on SUNDAY... We will sot his head out...

justkeeppedaling

Anyone got any info on what to expect for sundays outing. Do we get to do timed laps, go up to the top of the banking etc.or is it all about being safe on the track, looking out for others and that sort of thing.

Really looking forward to it.

Suppose. I'd better sign off with my real name seeing as there is no more hiding behind a keyboard

Steve

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
We should get to do all of that and hopefully a bit more.

I was going to ask the coach if they can give us a bit of a kicking. Might as well eh?
Because there's quite a few of us I doubt we'll all get on at the same time so it should be structured so we get a breather from time to time.

I've just ordered the bikes and given the names - 29 at the last count!

I'm planning on paying the balance myself when I get there and then collecting money afterwards from you lot once we know how many to divide it by. I've already paid a £25 deposit so will need to factor that into calculations.

Essential kit:-
Lid
Mitts
Two layers for top half

Suggested:-
Clear/light tinted eyewear
Energy drink ready mixed - there's bottle holders at trackside and plenty of water available
Bit of food

Anything else I've forgotten?

justkeeppedaling

We should get to do all of that and hopefully a bit more.

I was going to ask the coach if they can give us a bit of a kicking. Might as well eh?
Because there's quite a few of us I doubt we'll all get on at the same time so it should be structured so we get a breather from time to time.

I've just ordered the bikes and given the names - 29 at the last count!

I'm planning on paying the balance myself when I get there and then collecting money afterwards from you lot once we know how many to divide it by. I've already paid a £25 deposit so will need to factor that into calculations.

Essential kit:-
Lid
Mitts
Two layers for top half

Energy drink ready mixed - there's bottle holders at trackside and plenty of water available
Bit of food

Nice one, see you Sunday.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Bit of food

EPO?

I'll certainly be taking Evening Primrose Oil and that's for sure!

fossyant

Hanky or tissues if you get a runny nose. No snot rockets or spit on the track.

fossyant

For the new folk, really don't get put off by the height. Have a play with the gradients. Attack the corners, go in high, come out low, you get a right speed boost. Also don't try leg braking as the coach will shout at you. It's not something to try if you aren't used to it, and even then you get shouted at. Just roll to a stop.

Us fixed riders can try it but we get a rollocking. It's not good for your knees and muscles.

Never pass someone on the inside, always go over and around. It's also bloody hard to pass someone over as the track is significantly longer the higher you go. In racing its a ban going under someone, so you realise how hard it is to pass on a corner as it's a fair few meters longer.

Top Bottom