Cecil The Lion RIP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I want to know who named a lion Cecil . That's worse than calling a Donkey Bob !

winjim

Smash the cistern
All hunting should be done unarmed, just to even it up, then let him hunt a honey badger!
That wouldn't even it up. As the lion evolved power, camoflague, teeth and claws, humans evolved big brains with the capacity to develop sophisticated weaponry. Nuke it, that'd be even!

blazed

220lb+
As much as I disprove I fail to get outraged.

I know full well the tortured lives the animals I eat have lead before they end up on my plate. I know full well the leather shoes I buy or wallet or belt has somewhere down the line caused the suffering of an animal. The products I use which I don't even check whether they have been tested on animals, causing even more suffering. Regardless of the suffering, I know we do not even have a right to kill animals full stop, we can survive without eating meat, but I still do these things as do most people.

Sure he is killing purely for fun but he is doing so whilst trying for an instant kill. At least it is him taking the life where as most of us are happy for others to do the killing for us and plead ignorance to the suffering the animals go to for our pleasure. This story will get a lot of outrage from hypocritical people who can't bare to see a dead lion but are happy to allow systematic torture of millions of animals deemed food.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
The moral of the story is, it's not OK to kill lions if they have been given a name.
Spot on. I cannot imagine the mentality of people like this, but they're out there right now - all day & every day - killing animals for fun. The only reason this got publicity is because the guy inadvertently offed a local celebrity.

Last edited:

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I cannot understand why some wealthy dentist would pay more than my annual salary to kill something. Why can't people like this ever get another 'hobby', like parachuting?. Then, if their 'chute fails, they'll get one big kick when they hit the planet and the gene pool will be rid of them:okay:

winjim

Smash the cistern
As much as I disprove I fail to get outraged.

I know full well the tortured lives the animals I eat have lead before they end up on my plate. I know full well the leather shoes I buy or wallet or belt has somewhere down the line caused the suffering of an animal. The products I use which I don't even check whether they have been tested on animals, causing even more suffering. Regardless of the suffering, I know we do not even have a right to kill animals full stop, we can survive without eating meat, but I still do these things as do most people.

Sure he is killing purely for fun but he is doing so whilst trying for an instant kill. At least it is him taking the life where as most of us are happy for others to do the killing for us and plead ignorance to the suffering the animals go to for our pleasure. This story will get a lot of outrage from hypocritical people who can't bare to see a dead lion but are happy to allow systematic torture of millions of animals deemed food.
I look out of the window of my house in the city, gaze upon the artificial landscape and have much the same thoughts. Some are predicting the extinction of the hedgehog, you know.

SD1

Shhhhh! The rarer they get, the more pleasure some people will get from killing them and hanging their tiny heads on their walls.
Seriously? I have never heard of anyone who hunts or is even interested in hunting them.
Some are predicting the extinction of the hedgehog, you know.
Enjoy them while you can. I beleve they are a fan of slugs. If they go extinct blame the guilty...car drivers.

Top Bottom