Cecil The Lion RIP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Shhhhh! The rarer they get, the more pleasure some people will get from killing them and hanging their tiny heads on their walls.

PRICKS!

;)

SD1

[QUOTE 3825423, member: 9609"]I think they should immerse him into a true hunting situation - parachute him and his crossbow into the middle of isisis territory - good sport amongst like minded competitors, by all accounts they also like cutting heads off as trophies.[/QUOTE]
Are you sure that they are like minded? I would think you would be giving them a nice bit of publicity by saying they are superior to an animal killer. I put a higher value on human life than an animals life, don't you?

SD1

I was surprised to find that lions are not an endangered species - not yet anyway. They are getting scarcer, and plans are afoot in America to stop people importing the bits of lions they have killed. I must say that despite that I can't see a clear or neat parallel between the deaths of farmed animals for meat and the killing of a magnificent wild creature like this purely for the pleasure of the act.
I think I watched a programme on this where game reserves were allowing hunting to pay for the upkeep of the reserve. Don't quote me on that.

Last edited:

surfdude

Veteran
no thanks as he has guns and crossbows and likes killing things . oh hang on i will let you lot go first so he uses up all his ammo then i go and tell him how cross i am about him killing animals

Reactions: SD1

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
I don't have a blanket problem with people hunting, if that's what they want to do, particularly if they pay through the nose for it, but the target does have a huge bearing on how I feel. For instance, magpies fine, but lions no. I don't know how I'd feel if there were several million lions and only 30,000 magpies though. Confused probably.

SD1

From the company involved in the trophy hunt.
The same day Cecil was killed, the hunting outfit which ran the trip, Bushman Safaris, posted on its Facebook page: “Understanding how we as hunters do far more for conservation of our wildlife than anti hunters whom probably almost 100% have never even seen or been around our wildlife. Thank you and be proud to be hunters or understanding what we do.”

Top Bottom