Cheam and Morden Hilly 50 March 6th 'The Most Ridiculous of all the Classics'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbs

Guru
I think this will be too much vertical gain for my L knee but if next week's skiing does not confirm my fears I will enter or at least turn up for the finish. I may have a new bike with a triple by then and so would have an opportunity to road test.

PS I think I have successfully duplicated the route on ridewithGPS.com together with a turns list and a scary elevation chart - saved as Cheam&Morden hilly 50 km

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Shameful bump. Sorry Simon, negotiations have failed and I can't make this. F***ing boo!

stevevw

Guru
MacB said:
I'm up for it and this time plan on getting to start before the start
Mac
After last Saturdays little walk I am planning to get to the start just after the nick of time. :sad:

Let me know if you still fancy a stroll around the lanes, we can meet up. The others I am going with will leave me at the first sign of an incline.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
^^ Oi, of the cc-ers I've bagsed the Lanterne Rouge ;-)

Will be doing it in amble mode :becool: up ever slope more than 1 in 100 :becool:

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
stevevw said:
Mac
After last Saturdays little walk I am planning to get to the start just after the nick of time. :becool:

Let me know if you still fancy a stroll around the lanes, we can meet up. The others I am going with will leave me at the first sign of an incline.

yep, I'm still game, though it will be slow and painful, amazing the difference a bit of time makes. Last time I cycled to and from the ride, the car's looking tempting this time:biggrin:

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
I have just organised all my family so that I can go on this, I am very much looking forward to the whole thing and look forward to seeing old and new faces again, its been a long hard slog commuting through the winter and the company of people to ride with and the leafy lanes of surrey is very enticing. Cant wait.
Oh I am feeling rather unfit and my bike is still crap, but who cares!?
See y'all there.

Cayopro

GBS....

Thanks for the route mate, I have just put it on my Garmin, It seems ok so will get to try it on Saturday............ Result !!

Tim Hall

A late bit of reorganisation be me and others means I may well be able to join this ride the ride this year.

I am very pleased.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
well just reprinted my directions from last year, but corrected one left to a right first, so hopefully will reach the start without the extra miles:biggrin:

Have also printed out the map and directions from the CTC SW London site. Teef and I got hopelessly lost last year, maybe if we stick to the map, and ignore the garmin, we'll be ok this time. I don't know if Teef will make this one but my added weight will make it feel like I'm carrying him round anyway:evil:

At present my plan is to be at cafe for about 0900, give me time to recover from ride over and enjoy some breakfast. Hopefully will be meeting at least Stevevw there.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
gbs said:
PS I think I have successfully duplicated the route on ridewithGPS.com together with a turns list and a scary elevation chart - saved as Cheam&Morden hilly 50 km

Though we've not met, ta for the gps file which I'll stick on the old SD card and bring along to get lost by.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
you're all bonkers. The course is like a ploughed field, and the hills are completely horrible. I shall be marshalling in Dorking. With a cup of espresso to hand.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
slick shod mtb anyone? Then the mudguards, beard and sandals faction can attempt to stone me as I twiddle past riding through the potholes not around them.

Thinks... does any one else fancy waymarking the big holes to put on fillthathole?

des.o

Veteran
Did a few sections of this Tuesday night - roads didn't seem too bad, looking forward to seeing it all in the sunshine. I'd forgotten how brutal Whitedown (and Leith) is, that 18% sign half way up is a cheery reminder of what's to come! Great sense of achievement at the top though. Looking forward to saturday - first ride in the sunshine for months.

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
At present my plan is to be at cafe for about 0900, give me time to recover from ride over and enjoy some breakfast. Hopefully will be meeting at least Stevevw there.[/QUOTE]

Hi Mac I will try and be at the cafe by around 0930, I will have breakfast at home but will definatley need a coffee by then so hopefully see you there.

Cheers

DJ

iLB

Hello there
gutted i can't make this, was flying around the peaks yesterday and tuesday, still i'm sure that an equal measure of pain will be received at my crit race on saturday morning for a more expensive entry price too!! (£15) !! xx(

Top Bottom