Cheam and Morden Hilly 50 March 6th 'The Most Ridiculous of all the Classics'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
mistral said:
I'm impresed.

Despite this being my manor (almost) I didn't make it last year and I was unable to do it today due to family commitments, so I'm in no position to pass comment.

I know all these hills well, it must be leg & lung sapping to have to tackle so many in a relatively short distance.

Al, it's early in the season for such a monster, the fact you had a go is better than I've managed!

Dang, just when I get used to the idea of hating you, you go and say something nice:biggrin:

Cayopro

Does anyone have any pic's of todays Hilly 50 ride, be nice to see some on here !!!

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Charlotte - relieved to see you walk up Friday Street - I've never, ever ridden up that hill.

As for the birthday....that's a bit embarrassing. I chose the Hilly 50 date, and, at the back of my mind a little voice saying 'you've forgotten something....'

Cayopro

Charlotte, That was great to relive some of those moments, just watched your Video footage even more suprised to see myself on it.....(Celeste Bianchi bike and matching jersey), ride completed in 2 & a half hours, how about you ? Great ride... many thanks

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Great video and a bit of Hayseed Dixie to boot....

MacB

AdrianC said:
I believe that it is possible to find cassettes that have cogs with more than 21 teeth nowadays. You really should give one a go.

and ruin his 'hard' London streetwise image? he wore shorts to the start on Saturday you know, then stood acting as a signpost in defiance of the cold. Had it not been for the presence of the delectable Susie, there could have been offers:ohmy:

zigzag

Veteran
Enjoyed the ride. With low enough gearing (32") all hills were manageable - I wouldn't say easy, but not too hard either.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I enjoyed it, even though I only rode half the route, and that the wrong way round, from the top of Ranmore! Still managed 67km on the bike on the day though, what with home-ryka's-ewhurst-home. My target was 50km but no rail services out of the 'Sham on the day meant a ride there and back and no way were my legs going to manage 100km at any decent speed from a near standing start. The look on Matt's face when he saw me coming down the hill north of Ewhurst as he was riding up it was a picture.

MacB

well my lowest gear is 31" but I didn't even get to it, you know when the legs aren't going to co-operate any further. I saw no point in shuffling a few more yards before dismounting.

My math is simple, me + lack of fitness + 2 stone extra = not enough power to weight ratio for success - the solution is even more simple, if a little painful:biggrin:

tanya g

Sorry for registering and not turning up, I went to set off in the morning to find I'd lost my saddle bag. I didn't want to risk a pucture in the middle of nowhere with no way to repair it. Maybe next time.

Top Bottom