Chinese Carbon Bike - FLYXI-FR-900

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Psyclist

Über Member
Decided to sell my old Giant Defy 4 as it would've taken a lot more money to make lighter, so bought a carbon Flyxi-FR-009 from China.

This is what I have so far the following parts:

p4pb8303444.jpg

p4pb8303443.jpg

p4pb8303442.jpg

p4pb8303439.jpg

p4pb8303438.jpg

p4pb8303437.jpg

p4pb8303436.jpg

p4pb8303435.jpg

p4pb8303432.jpg

p4pb8303550.jpg

Will update the thread as I go along.

QR seatclamp - why?

You're clearly becoming a weight weenie, so can we presume the Cro-Mo Spoon will be getting chopped in favour of something lighter too?

gb155 of this parish is considered the resident expert in buying, importing, building, (and selling :whistle:) CCF frames/bikes, I think he's had three at the last count IIRC.

If you haven't already you might want to seek him out and get his opinions on anything else you've not finalised yet. AFAIK he's never had any issues, and to the untrained eye his Livestrong bike was a very passable replica of a Madone.

CF isn't my thing, but I hope all goes well and you enjoy both the build and the finished bike :thumbsup:

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
To the OP

I was never hit for Customs x 3, how much did they hit you and did you get it from the USA? or China ?

My Livestrong bike (Thanks Smokes) was AMAZING and I wish I still had it TBH

OP
OP
Psyclist

Psyclist

Über Member
that's not really what I meant. QR seat clamps are for mountain bikes only - it's the law...

Yup, I just thought it would be easier to adjust my seatpost with. If I have problems with it, I'll get a road version, but it should be okay...

You're clearly becoming a weight weenie, so can we presume the Cro-Mo Spoon will be getting chopped in favour of something lighter too?

gb155 of this parish is considered the resident expert in buying, importing, building, (and selling :whistle:) CCF frames/bikes, I think he's had three at the last count IIRC.

If you haven't already you might want to seek him out and get his opinions on anything else you've not finalised yet. AFAIK he's never had any issues, and to the untrained eye his Livestrong bike was a very passable replica of a Madone.

CF isn't my thing, but I hope all goes well and you enjoy both the build and the finished bike :thumbsup:

I'm a weight weenie, yes, but the chro-mo railed Spoon isn't really an issue, and I'd use nothing else than a Spoon anyway. Let alone the Ti version is only a few grams lighter for silly money!

To the OP

I was never hit for Customs x 3, how much did they hit you and did you get it from the USA? or China ?

My Livestrong bike (Thanks Smokes) was AMAZING and I wish I still had it TBH

I was told that I'll be charged customs by another member on another forum from the U.K. I still haven't received the frame as it'll be another 14 days (ordered 2 days ago) Also was told I need to pay charges to ParcleForce, or they hold it for 2 weeks???

And I got it from China, from the store a_baygoods.

Where did you get yours from, if I may ask?

Cheers.

OP
OP
Psyclist

Psyclist

Über Member
Lovely looking bike. Never knew the spoon was so heavy though.

Cheers, and same here. I'm not too fussed though.

OP
OP
Psyclist

Psyclist

Über Member
Also - thinking of getting it resprayed to avoid the stealth looking effect (which ironically will attract thieves attention) to a spray job.

Does anyone know about spray-painting carbon (3k in particular) and will it put the carbon at risk of being damaged?

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
I would not personally paint it a colour. I would do a perlescent lacquer or possibly get the frame wrapped with Vinyl wrapping like they do cars. It,s really good because if you have an 'off' you can replace the wrapping to make the bike look like new again and if you fancy a new bike, changing the colour is easy. When you come to sell the bike, peel the wrapping of the frame and you have a unscratched, undamaged frame :thumbsup:
You can get the wapping done from companies such as the one listed below.
www.colourmycar.net
what do you think?

OP
OP
Psyclist

Psyclist

Über Member
I would not personally paint it a colour. I would do a perlescent lacquer or possibly get the frame wrapped with Vinyl wrapping like they do cars, its really good if you have an 'off' you can replace the wrapping to make the bike look like new again and if you fancy a new bike, changing the colour is easy. When you come to sell the bike, peel the wrapping of the frame and you have a unscratchec, undamaged frame :thumbsup:
You can get the wapping done from companies such as the one listed below.
www.colourmycar.net

Thanks Vengedette, I may consider it. Love your bike by the way ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom