Chinese Carbon Bike - FLYXI-FR-900

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ohnovino

Large Member
It's the seller's responsibility to get the goods to the buyer, and it's the seller who has the contract with PF. The buyer should get a refund from the seller, and then the seller should make the claim against PF.

I've never been asked for ID when collecting a parcel, I just have to bring the card they leave.

I doubt it - the seller will simply claim that delivery has been confirmed, which it has - so his part of the contract has been proven to be complete. It's not the seller's fault that someone has ripped off the buyer at the delivery end.

Alun

Guru
This is from the ParcelForce website, "All claims must be made by the sender. If you are the recipient, please contact the sender to make the claim." I'm not supporting the statement, just pointing it out.
It would seem that ParcelForce have not followed their own procedures, you may have a claim against them.
I would also get a crime number from the police, if you do not already have one.

OP
OP
Psyclist

Psyclist

Über Member
Sorry to hear that!

But how would this be possible? Wouldn't the thief have to have access to an ID item of yours, as you need to prove you are who the delivery card says upon collection..
The ID stuff is rubbish as it isn't always enforced.
Really? I always get asked for ID when collecting parcels around here.
I can't see how it's the sellers fault that PF did not make sure that your bike was delivered for properly and signed for by the correct person.
i'm quite confused - although i feel for you BUT

you buy chinese frame via ebay through paypal - they dispatch bike to you and is delivered to your address via parcel force - your not home so parcel force leaves a none delivery note ( were was the note left??) - then someone ( not you) takes the note to your local PO and claims the parcel ( theft) and your blaming the seller and Paypal........how? and why? is it the fault of the seller/paypal
That's ridiculous. Why on earth should the seller refund you - it has nothing to do with them.

The PF card should have been posted through your letter box. If it wasn't, then either the PF driver is somehow complicit in the theft, or someone who has access to your house has nicked it.
Not once have I been asked for id
It's the seller's responsibility to get the goods to the buyer, and it's the seller who has the contract with PF. The buyer should get a refund from the seller, and then the seller should make the claim against PF.

I've never been asked for ID when collecting a parcel, I just have to bring the card they leave.
This is from the ParcelForce website, "All claims must be made by the sender. If you are the recipient, please contact the sender to make the claim." I'm not supporting the statement, just pointing it out.
It would seem that ParcelForce have not followed their own procedures, you may have a claim against them.
I would also get a crime number from the police, if you do not already have one.

Panic over! It was a mistake made by me and the seller. Frame is on its way.

I clicked on the bike frame on ebay asking for tracking details, but the seller sent me details for the carbon fork (which had already been posted and collected the previous week or two ago) - me, in a panic (and forgetting the actual date I had collected my fork) looked at the tracking history and saw it had been collected.

I received and email from the seller today telling me they had only just released the frame on Monday (and provided the tracking info) So yeah, a bit of a mishap on me and the sellers behalf.

homer-simpson-doh.gif

I apologised to the seller and closed the case. I guess double checking is the moral of this story.

Will post pictures of the frame when it gets here.

Alex.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Phew!!
It's surprisingly easy to make that sort of mistake.

OP
OP
Psyclist

Psyclist

Über Member
blimey - good job you didn't call the police...

(you didn't, did you?)
+1 What a time waster :laugh:
that could have had a really happy ending. PF furnishes description of 'thief'. Police break down door and arrest you for theft of your own bike.

I did unfortunately :blush: they were quite understanding though!

@Dellzeqq - lol, was thinking the same. Police would've looked at the footage to see me collecting my own parcel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom