Chinese Carbon Bike - FLYXI-FR-900

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Linford

Cheers, and same here. I'm not too fussed though.

We got some Magnesium samples back from a customer this week. Weight for weight, it is substantially lighter than aluminium

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I had a friend who had a magnesium mtb in the early nineties. I was half tempted to take a blow torch to it to see if it would light like the Magnesium ribbon you used to test in O level chemistry. My mate was never game though can't work out why. :whistle:

Linford

I had a friend who had a magnesium mtb in the early nineties. I was half tempted to take a blow torch to it to see if it would light like the Magnesium ribbon you used to test in O level chemistry. My mate was never game though can't work out why. :whistle:

We have tried to burn shards of it, and TBH, you have to get it ridiculously hot to go anywhere near that point. The rest of the frame would act as a big heat sink.

I just found these on the net :becool:, Shame about the price though :sad:

http://www.paketabikes.com/index.cfm?page=paketa_scud

I didn't even know they did it in Magnesium. How much do/will they retail at?

Treat with caution. Magnesium frames were tried quite a few years ago (Kirk frames) and got a bad reputation for failures. They are also prone to galvanic corrosion. The track record has not been good and will have a lot to do to overcome its reputation.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
OP
OP
Psyclist

Psyclist

Über Member
Treat with caution. Magnesium frames were tried quite a few years ago (Kirk frames) and got a bad reputation for failures. They are also prone to galvanic corrosion. The track record has not been good and will have a lot to do to overcome its reputation.

Thanks for the heads up :thumbsup: I believe Linford replied to my Charge Spoon comment though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom