Chinese Carbon Bike - FLYXI-FR-900

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
looking good :thumbsup: and light, I will be really interested to see the fully built weight.
must admit you also got me checking my component weight's :wacko:. lol

About time you updated this thread anyway, you've been keeping me waiting. :shy:

OP
OP
Psyclist

Psyclist

Über Member
looking good :thumbsup: and light, I will be really interested to see the fully built weight.
must admit you also got me checking my component weight's :wacko:. lol

About time you updated this thread anyway, you've been keeping me waiting. :shy:

Thanks V, now the wait begins for my frame to arrive. I'll be buying some RS80 wheels off of LOCO on here which need a bit of TLC too, that should drop 200grams or so off of the planned weight.

I get the feeling that weight is a critical issue here, otherwise you would not be weighing all the components and posting the pics. So, if that is indeed the case, why on earth are you using cheap wellgo pedals and plastic toe clips..??

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Here are a few of it.
standalone

standalone

standalone

It isn't perfect but, you get a lot of bang for your buck.

FWIW if those PX brakes are anything like the stupidly expensive TOKEN ACCURA ones they are a bitch to set up properly.

I got the Token ones as part of a deal I did, and although aesthetically they set my bike off beautifully, functionally they weren't a patch on the DA calipers I had before them. In the end I reversed the deal and went back to my DA ones. Not to mention I came across the PX ones at around half the price of the Token ones as well, there must be a difference but visually I'm struggling to find it.

Hopefully the PX ones are better.

OP
OP
Psyclist

Psyclist

Über Member
I get the feeling that weight is a critical issue here, otherwise you would not be weighing all the components and posting the pics. So, if that is indeed the case, why on earth are you using cheap wellgo pedals and plastic toe clips..??

Weight is an issue, but it's not overly important. I just thought I may as well make use of the scales I recently bought for weighing my drugs :thumbsup: let alone as the bike is light, I thought I'd take curiosity into what the final weight will be.
I've only been riding with foot retention for about 2 months (I was an XC rider using flats for 6 years) and still haven't gotten used to the pedals yet. Those pedals are off of my recently sold Giant Defy and I liked them for the few rides I did.

Here are a few of it.

*SNIP*

standalone

It isn't perfect but, you get a lot of bang for your buck.

Stunning bike in my opinion! It looks awesome! :becool:

OP
OP
Psyclist

Psyclist

Über Member
FWIW if those PX brakes are anything like the stupidly expensive TOKEN ACCURA ones they are a bitch to set up properly.

I got the Token ones as part of a deal I did, and although aesthetically they set my bike off beautifully, functionally they weren't a patch on the DA calipers I had before them. In the end I reversed the deal and went back to my DA ones. Not to mention I came across the PX ones at around half the price of the Token ones as well, there must be a difference but visually I'm struggling to find it.

Hopefully the PX ones are better.

I asked around on a few sites for pros and cons, the owners said the same as you. They're a pain in the arse to set up, but, they're very durable for the low cost. These have Swissstop pads too which are very good.

OP
OP
Psyclist

Psyclist

Über Member
My parcel has been stolen. My carbon Chinese frame was attempted to be delivered by Parcel Force, but I was not in. therefore, somehow, somebody has used the card which Parcel Force are supposed to post through my letter box, and have gone to the post office and have taken my parcel from the post office.

This means I'm now out of pocket. Hopefully I can raise a dispute with PP and eBay to get my cash back.

The main thing is, some scum bag has my property, also rand the police, so hope they can find out who took it.

Got the tracking # today, I then saw it said 'Delivered 22/6/2012.' I then telephoned the main PF depo, and the local one. They both said it's at my local P.O. Rang them, said they don't have it. phoned P.F again, mentioned a name who had signed it at that local P.O. Rang the P.O back who said 'we may have given the parcel to somebody else, meaning your parcel has been stolen.
I've raised a dispute with eBay, they're giving the seller a chance to refund me, so hopefully will get my cash back.

HovR

Über Member
My parcel has been stolen. My carbon Chinese frame was attempted to be delivered by Parcel Force, but I was not in. therefore, somehow, somebody has used the card which Parcel Force are supposed to post through my letter box, and have gone to the post office and have taken my parcel from the post office.

This means I'm now out of pocket. Hopefully I can raise a dispute with PP and eBay to get my cash back.

The main thing is, some scum bag has my property, also rand the police, so hope they can find out who took it.

Got the tracking # today, I then saw it said 'Delivered 22/6/2012.' I then telephoned the main PF depo, and the local one. They both said it's at my local P.O. Rang them, said they don't have it. phoned P.F again, mentioned a name who had signed it at that local P.O. Rang the P.O back who said 'we may have given the parcel to somebody else, meaning your parcel has been stolen.
I've raised a dispute with eBay, they're giving the seller a chance to refund me, so hopefully will get my cash back.

Sorry to hear that!

But how would this be possible? Wouldn't the thief have to have access to an ID item of yours, as you need to prove you are who the delivery card says upon collection..

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
i'm quite confused - although i feel for you BUT

you buy chinese frame via ebay through paypal - they dispatch bike to you and is delivered to your address via parcel force - your not home so parcel force leaves a none delivery note ( were was the note left??) - then someone ( not you) takes the note to your local PO and claims the parcel ( theft) and your blaming the seller and Paypal........how? and why? is it the fault of the seller/paypal

Reactions: gaz

That's ridiculous. Why on earth should the seller refund you - it has nothing to do with them.

The PF card should have been posted through your letter box. If it wasn't, then either the PF driver is somehow complicit in the theft, or someone who has access to your house has nicked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom