Chinese Carbon Bike - FLYXI-FR-900

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Psyclist

Psyclist

Über Member
It's here! After a 6 week wait. Weighs 1917grams with all parts pictured.

p4pb8383893.jpg

p4pb8383894.jpg

p4pb8346756.jpg

OP
OP
Psyclist

Psyclist

Über Member
very nice, but omg I think they have been a bit generous with the fork material, take it your cutting that down to size :hello:

Thanks Vengedetta, it'll be cut down as soon as it goes to the shop.

could I just point out that your bottle cage is on upside down..??

Ha, yup, rookie mistake, I was rushing the mock up, so didn't double check that.

[QUOTE 1931531, member: 76"]If you are watching the weight so closely, why have pedals that weigh a third of the frame?[/quote]

I can't seem to find lighter caged pedals, only from the U.S and they're only 100grams lighter than these. I come from an MTB background from riding on flats, so I'm slowly getting into foot retention.

OP
OP
Psyclist

Psyclist

Über Member
Weight so far is 3609 with all parts added up in total, I still have chainset,shifters and wheels to get.

p4pb8421913.jpg

Got my bars and seatpost from eXotic (Carboncycles.cc)
p4pb8421915.jpg

p4pb8421914.jpg

p4pb8421916.jpg

SRAM Force front Mech
p4pb8421917.jpg

SRAM Force Rear Mech
p4pb8421922.jpg

p4pb8421921.jpg

p4pb8421920.jpg

p4pb8421919.jpg

Liquizen

Wow.
Loving the bike Psyclist.

I am in a similar position to you. I ride mountain bikes but am thinking of building a road bike too. I have been looking on ebay at these frames from buyers like 'a_baygood' and 'carbon_bicycle'.
Did you pay any Customs duty/Tax or VAT on it?
Whats the quality like?
I like this one. Ebay item number 280914139900

Thanks for your help.

Rgds
Neil

Globalti

Legendary Member
How did the eXotic bars fit into the stem? I ask because I bought some and they weren't a perfect fit in my Specialized stem and tightening the clamp would have crushed them by about 1mm at top and bottom so I sent them back.

OP
OP
Psyclist

Psyclist

Über Member
Wow.
Loving the bike Psyclist.

I am in a similar position to you. I ride mountain bikes but am thinking of building a road bike too. I have been looking on ebay at these frames from buyers like 'a_baygood' and 'carbon_bicycle'.
Did you pay any Customs duty/Tax or VAT on it?
Whats the quality like?
I like this one. Ebay item number 280914139900

Thanks for your help.

Rgds
Neil

Neil, it looks like a decent frame. I got my frame from 'a_baygoods' so they're trustworthy they also mark your item as a gift, but for some reason I had to pay a little import duty and tax @ £20 all in. Not sure about internal routing, but assume it should be okay.
Quality is great for what you pay, you'll like the finished quality of the carbon it's bang on like shown in the pictures, but can't vouch for matte, only gloss. I've heard from a few people from forums that it attracts attention of the people like chavs as it's stealthy and carbon. That's why I'm sending mine off for a respray to make it look a little more subtle (seeing as I live in a rough area)

OP
OP
Psyclist

Psyclist

Über Member
How did the eXotic bars fit into the stem? I ask because I bought some and they weren't a perfect fit in my Specialized stem and tightening the clamp would have crushed them by about 1mm at top and bottom so I sent them back.

Globalti - They fit perfect to my stem, but maybe something to do with it being an eXotic stem too. Somebody on a selling group on Facebook sold his because of the issue you had with yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom