Comedy You Rewatch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vidor06

Long term loafer
Reading the old 'books you read and reread' thread got me thinking about comedy that I can watch and rewatch.
Thanks to Netflix, iPlayer and All4 I have been introducing my teenage daughter to the comedy shows of my youth. We started with Spaced and Black Books which she loved. We then tried Chelmsford 123 and thoroughly enjoyed the first couple of episodes but quickly tired of the theme. Then we tried Drop the Dead Donkey which I had forgotten was filmed in the week it was shown which was quite novel at the time but its a bit of a struggle now as all the references need context.
But the one I go back to time and again is Blackadder. Its just perfect comedy as far as I am concerned.
So what comedy shows from the past, recent or not do you revisit? What ones have I forgotten about which might be worth trying again? Are there any particular episodes which you have watched again and again?
Absolutely? Game On? The New Statesman?

Cubist

Still wavin'
Chez Cube we all quite happily rewatch Fawlty Towers, Father Ted and the Young Ones. Phoenix Nights gets a mention occasionally.

The IT Crowd and Red Dwarf seem to last. Tony Hancock and Two Ronnies soldier on. Even The Good Life can still deliver giggles.

D

Deleted member 23692

Game On
Ripping Yarns
Spaced
House of Fools
League of Gentlemen
Psychoville

...are the usual gotos

Currently re-watching Apartment 23

I'd like re-watch Friday Night Dinner soon too

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Father Ted
The Office
Toast of London
Fawlty Towers
Porridge
Alan Partridge
Tony Hancock

And another shout for Laurel and Hardy... when I'm feeling a bit down... one of their DVD's goes on.

Not much. A comedy repeat is basically a bit like when a bloke down the pub starts telling you a joke you have already heard.

But - sometimes the repeating of a joke can make it into a bit of a catchphrase and so have a bit of a life of its own. That is perhaps more with the Naked Gun or Austen Powers type comedy.

Python is now really just a string of catchphrases.

But then it can be a bit of nostalgia and ,as stuff like the young ones is 30 years old, forgetting what is about to happen next.

Top Bottom