Comedy You Rewatch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Blackadder * all of them *
Fawlty Towers
Father Ted
On the Buses
Katerine Tate Show
Come fly with me
Steptoe & Son
Porridge
New Statesman
Alan Partridge
The Fast Show
League of Gentlemen

I would love to now re-watch

Some mothers do 'ave 'em

& all the Spitting Image stuff.

D

Deleted member 23692

Ohh forgot to mention the Trailer Park Boys

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Curb Your Enthusiasm

On a recent long haul flight back from the US I watched 10 episodes back to back - brilliant
(I can never sleep on planes)

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Game On
Ripping Yarns
Spaced
House of Fools
League of Gentlemen
Psychoville

...are the usual gotos

Currently re-watching Apartment 23

I'd like re-watch Friday Night Dinner soon too
Friday night dinner is very under rated imo, and Spaced is a classic.
I enjoy rewatching panel shows on Dave, my memory is so bad that i can watch repeats of Would I lie to You without remembering the lies.

pawl

Legendary Member
Reading the old 'books you read and reread' thread got me thinking about comedy that I can watch and rewatch.
Thanks to Netflix, iPlayer and All4 I have been introducing my teenage daughter to the comedy shows of my youth. We started with Spaced and Black Books which she loved. We then tried Chelmsford 123 and thoroughly enjoyed the first couple of episodes but quickly tired of the theme. Then we tried Drop the Dead Donkey which I had forgotten was filmed in the week it was shown which was quite novel at the time but its a bit of a struggle now as all the references need context.
But the one I go back to time and again is Blackadder. Its just perfect comedy as far as I am concerned.
So what comedy shows from the past, recent or not do you revisit? What ones have I forgotten about which might be worth trying again? Are there any particular episodes which you have watched again and again?
Absolutely? Game On? The New Statesman?

Dads Army
Last Of The Summer wine
Anything featuring Les Dawson.

Hitchington

Lovely stuff
Curb Your Enthusiasm

On a recent long haul flight back from the US I watched 10 episodes back to back - brilliant
(I can never sleep on planes)
I love Curb too

It Ain't Half Hot Mum

Trivial nonsense #203 - Stuart McGugan used to come into my shop in the early 2000s and buy jars of jam that he would send down to Melvyn Hayes.

Anyway, back on topic:
Dad's Army
Porridge
M*A*S*H*

and that's about it.

I used to be able to watch Blackadder and Father Ted but I have tired of them.

I also used to have a huge collection of Laurel and Hardy on VHS (I probably still do somewhere) but never made the move to DVD so not watched them for a good while, over 20 years probably.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Frasier.
taxi
big bang..
cannonball run ...
usual bbc stuff..
ideal
harold lloyd if i see it on..
Loads of stuff..

Tin Pot

Guru