Cyclist Slams Into Stone Wall...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I can't remember the last time I flicked through one of the local rags without reading about some individual/group of firemen/coppers/dentists/hookers/overweight slobs etc etc doing some charity ride or other.

Charity fatigue set in years ago.

kiriyama

at least 2 riders came to grief on this bend

I know this bend, the wind In that valley adds another dangerous variable!

you have to know your bikes limits in bad weather and work within them, No need to have your hands on the breaks the whole way down a wet decent, but a rainy day is not a day for risks... and he clearly wasn't paying attention! Spreading awareness of wearing helmet is all well and good, but maybe he should spread awareness of paying attention to road signs!

poor guy, hope he learns from it!

OP
OP
Joffey

Joffey

Big Dosser
Saying it costs the NHS more to treat folk raising money than they raise is a bit of a red herring. Smoking brings in substantially more in tax than it costs the NHS - should they encourage folk to smoke rather than riding their bike in a sportive?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
The big money for the bigger charities is from regular donations, lump sum donations, and bequests.

However, they like the individual event donors because it is valuable publicity and helps bring forward the real money.

As an example, a senior fundraiser for the RNLI told me very little of their income comes from the model lifeboat cash boxes you see dotted around.

The last Sunderland offshore lifeboat - about a million quid - was paid for by a single bequest.

Unbelievable! Not sure I would post anything like this, you might be a pratt, but why provide the evidence? Total lack of any riding skills as far as I can see. As has already been pointed out, how many more warnings/indications of what is coming up do you need? What would the reaction on here be if a driver had shown such a complete lack of awareness and crashed, perhaps even taking out a cyclist coming up the hill. But, of course the clincher is, the helmet saved him, therefore he will promote their wearing, Great! You really can't fix stupid

I remember a motorcyclist posting footage of his accident in the Peak District. The purpose was as a salutary lesson - this is what can happen if you ride like an idiot. Many appreciated the bravery involved in willingly displaying his stupidity and recklessness to help prevent others suffering worse fates. Neal Bullock doesn't seem to have learnt the same lesson though.

Top Bottom