Did man land on the moon?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
i don't believe man has landed on the moon. i think the american's made it all up, and what started off as a throwaway comment at work, i've actually come to believe more and more.

i reckon the american's faked it.

then a few weeks after i made this comment, there was a programme on tv showing up loads of flaws in the american tv footage, which just cemented my opinion, such as

• photo's matching the nevada desert,
  • the "cross" (which is on the glass of the camera) coming out behind the images of the astronauts (as if the astronaut had been superimposed on the photo),
  • the films of the astronaut taking big gravity-less steps, when speeded up just looks like they are running normally,
  • astronauts who were originally going to go to the moon and being withdrew from the mission and who knew the "truth" all dying in strange accidents,
  • debris from the moon, left by earlier moon landings, not being in later photo's
  • lack of dust on the feet of the pod that landed (apparently the moon surface is really dusty, which gets kicked up when the pod lands yet didn't settle on the pod itself)
  • ex-nasa astronauts claiming no one had gone there,
  • and apparently there is a belt of radiation between earth and the moon and apparently the shuttle would need 1 inch thick lead on it for the astronauts to even survive passing through.. in which case the shuttle would have been too heavy to take off.
  • questions as to why, after only a few landings, they didn't go back (perhaps because they no longer could fake it with technology getting better)
any thoughts?

i mean, in this day and age, is it really that hard to believe they faked it.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
buggi said:
i mean, in this day and age, is it really that hard to believe they faked it.

Well, that's because the whole 'conspiracy' angle is so ridiculous - one of the Apollo astronauts got so tired of the loons following him around asking about this that he thumped one of them...

All of this has been thoroughly debunked.

http://edition.cnn.com/2001/TECH/space/02/19/nasa.moon/index.html

http://www.space.com/missionlaunches/top10apollohoaxes.html

etc.

Maz

Guru
I think I watched that same programme as well. It was very interesting.

There was also a picture of an astronaut descending a ladder from the landing module...the area he was stepping down into was all in the shade, yet he himself was lit up by sunlight!

Surely someone's got a blimmin strong telescope to see if there are any flags/tracks/footsteps/moonbuggies left on the surface or not.

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
o yea.. i forgot the bit about the flag waving in the wind :smile:

and the rocks... well meteors land on earth all the time don't they. it wouldn't be unfeasible for the government to collect them.

Maz said:
Surely someone's got a blimmin strong telescope to see if there are any flags/tracks/footsteps/moonbuggies left on the surface or not.

I posted a thread on the C+ forum about that. Surely it must be possible to see the flag on a moon, especially as there are incredibly powerful microscopes and telescopes capable of seeing minute and distant-beyond-belief objects!

jonesy

Guru
buggi said:
o yea.. i forgot the bit about the flag waving in the wind :smile:

and the rocks... well meteors land on earth all the time don't they. it wouldn't be unfeasible for the government to collect them.

hmmm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

Maz

Guru
Dayvo said:
I posted a thread on the C+ forum about that. Surely it must be possible to see the flag on a moon, especially as there are incredibly powerful microscopes and telescopes capable of seeing minute and distant-beyond belief objects!
Exactly!...Google Earth Moon, anyone?

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
apparently there isn't one powerful enough :smile:

see, more crap, they can see lightyears of miles with them big telescopes!

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
buggi said:
apparently there isn't one powerful enough :smile:

see, more crap, they can see lightyears of miles with them big telescopes!

Ye it's funny how they (the Americans) don't have a telescope powerfull enough!?

Maybe they are scared that if they did then they might be able to see all those aliens that keep coming down and abducting them!

Maz

Guru
alecstilleyedye said:
only 60% of the moon is ever visible to the earth. (in)conveniently (depending on your perspective), the moon landings were in the other 40% iirc.
Yet another "Oh dear, now isn't that a [convenient] shame!" :smile:

Top Bottom