Dream Bike or two seperate ones.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Ashy

Ashy

All the above bikes look beautiful, sexy and stupidly expensive. I thoroughly approve. :okay:

However I wonder what they really add over http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/bike/rose-xeon-cw-3100-di2-749974/aid:750000

Now you've just made the choice more difficult.....not 100% convinced of the available colours though. Interestingly I spoke with someone on a Rose at a Sportive the other month. Was very complimentary about Rose apart from build time etc. Would have to look into them more, the othes still knudge it at the moment.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
What aree peoples opinions of the Planet X stealth bikes?
There are a lot for sale on Ebay, Say no more.:okay:

OP
OP
Ashy

Ashy

I would go for the Cervelo. But then i am a bit biased.:okay: But i do like that Argon but would go for the Gallium pro.

Love the Cervelo, would prefer different colours but that's being picky, it truly is a dream bike. The Gallium Pro would'nt serve my specifics needs as much as the Nitrogen. Plus there's only minor difference in weight. Only one way to decide, test rides....

OP
OP
Ashy

Ashy

Look what I found....
IMG_20150822_145116_resized_zps3few4a0y_1.jpg

AndyJ14

Now you've just made the choice more difficult.....not 100% convinced of the available colours though. Interestingly I spoke with someone on a Rose at a Sportive the other month. Was very complimentary about Rose apart from build time etc. Would have to look into them more, the othes still knudge it at the moment.

This is the 2015 bike too I believe. Not sure they've shown the '16 version / colours yet.

Indeed the waiting times are long, but a plus side is that you get to specify every component yourself. Tyres, wheels, gear ratios, right through to the handlebar tape.

bpsmith

Veteran
To keep you all updated, as I know deep down your intrigued to what I do. I ran the two bike scenario past her in charge.

On the look alone I knew that it was not going to sit well, I made my plea. I felt it was well balanced in favour for two bikes - can you guess??? i'm going for one....got to keep them happy also.

Choices are:
Argon 18 Nitrogen 2016
Cervelo S3 and
Giant Propel Advanced Pro 0 2016.

All with Di2, all in the price range. Leader at the moment is the Giant - Its £500 quid cheaper and has a decent set of wheels. Both the Argon 18 and Cervelo would need a set of race wheels at some point.

Anyone any thoughts on the above bikes..
The Giant is the most boring of the choices in my mind. The others would be far more desirable to me, just looking at them. Worth thinking about?

If you love the Propel, then it's not an issue. If you don't absolutely love it now, then you will wish you chose either of the others.

As for the question, I would say 1 pukka bike outweighs 2 cheaper ones, without question. You can always slip in a cheaper one later on. ;)

bpsmith

Veteran
Cervélo for me btw.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
The Giant is the most boring of the choices in my mind.

If it's good enough for Marcel Kittel...

I know what you mean though, tbh - I used similar reasoning when I bought a Felt rather than a Specialized a few years ago, but I have to admit the Spesh was a great bike none the less. But it's not like the op is looking at the bottom end of the range here and the top end Propels are very fine bikes indeed.

bpsmith

Veteran
If it's good enough for Marcel Kittel...

I know what you mean though, tbh - I used similar reasoning when I bought a Felt rather than a Specialized a few years ago, but I have to admit the Spesh was a great bike none the less. But it's not like the op is looking at the bottom end of the range here and the top end Propels are very fine bikes indeed.
Marcel Kittel would ride anything that his current team asks/tells him to ride.

I am certainly not saying that the Giant is a poor bike. Far from it. Just that I personally find them boring to look at.

I have a 2014 Defy 1, which I now use in wet and cold weather. Great bike in fairness. Does exactly what it says on the tin. Doesn't excite me one bit.

This view may or may not be shared by others. That's fine. The Propel excites me more than my Defy, no question, but the Cervélo more so again.

OP
OP
Ashy

Ashy

Marcel Kittel would ride anything that his current team asks/tells him to ride.

I am certainly not saying that the Giant is a poor bike. Far from it. Just that I personally find them boring to look at.

I have a 2014 Defy 1, which I now use in wet and cold weather. Great bike in fairness. Does exactly what it says on the tin. Doesn't excite me one bit.

This view may or may not be shared by others. That's fine. The Propel excites me more than my Defy, no question, but the Cervélo more so again.

Persoonally I like the colours of the Propel, and all three appeal to me if I'm honest. What sways it for me is the fact that with the Giant you get a lot of bike for less than the other two. Decent Carbon wheels, ride sense which sincs with all Ant+ plus devices plus many more. Both the Argon and Cervelo would need wheel upgrades at some point. Also the propels across the range have great reviews.

I suppose it all comes down to how they ride and feel. Not overly fused about which one looks stunning compared to the other as I like em all equally.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
If i was spending 4k i would have to go custom built...........and get the bike that absolutely without doubt fits my needs......

bpsmith

Veteran
Persoonally I like the colours of the Propel, and all three appeal to me if I'm honest. What sways it for me is the fact that with the Giant you get a lot of bike for less than the other two. Decent Carbon wheels, ride sense which sincs with all Ant+ plus devices plus many more. Both the Argon and Cervelo would need wheel upgrades at some point. Also the propels across the range have great reviews.

I suppose it all comes down to how they ride and feel. Not overly fused about which one looks stunning compared to the other as I like em all equally.
Then you appear to have simplified the decision completely now. Buy the Giant!

If you love the look of it, and it turns out that you like the test ride, then it's a no brainer based on the above. :smile:

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.

I already had some DuraAce C50 wheels to swop out onto the Cervelo. Might possibly have made a different bike choice otherwise.
Having said that, I've been using the Mavic Cosmic Elites that came with the Cervelo as training wheels on my TT bike, and, to be perfectly honest, they're actually rather good and seem to roll well.

Top Bottom