Dun Run lite - Friday, 3 Oct

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
To be fair, I think our lunchbreak was rather shorter. And we didn't get lost on the outskirts of Bordeaux.

Colin_B

b

Boooo! GWS!
Thanks, I had been really looking forward to this ride. But I know it would be stupid to even try it with me knee not fully healed.
Hopefully you will be doing it again in the spring.

OP
OP
redfalo

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
Thanks, I had been really looking forward to this ride. But I know it would be stupid to even try it with me knee not fully healed.
Hopefully you will be doing it again in the spring.

Doing this again in spring sounds like a plan. There will also be more night rides from London to other destinations on the coast. watch this place

Regarding this Friday: Do you know where exactly this horrendous pothole in the Lindfield area is located which took out several riders on the orginal Dun Run in July?

Do you know where exactly this horrendous pothole in the Lindfield area is located which took out several riders on the orginal Dun Run in July?

Well, firstly... Lindfield is in West Sussex.

The offending pothole was 5 miles before Finchingfield. Location here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152604497367755&set=p.10152604497367755&type=1&theater
Essex County Council have told one of the victims in early August that the "matter has been resolved". I'll ask if anyone local has had a recent look at it.

By the way.... I am definitely out. Getting physio/soft tissue treatment on both legs - seems a key muscle has gone on strike without telling me, hence all the pain down the outside of both legs, increasing pressure in the knee joints by up to 40%! Meanwhile my GP has decided a 2-3 week course of codeine is in order... :eek: which makes me feel, from time to time, just a wee bit woozy. :wacko:

Blasted knees. Really sorry to be missing this.

AlexB

Veteran
Just confirming that I'm definitely in for this ride, as is Rebecca Summerfield and Richie Abel.
Richie is one of the four that recci'ed the Caen - Bordeaux ride earlier this year, which means we'll have 3/4 of the reccie ride crew on this ride!
We're booked for a 4pm train out of Ipswich, so under less pressure to get home after we reach Dunwich.

Tim Hall

Two questions:

1.Meeting point is Thee Pubbe at London Fields, yes?
2. As User10571 isn't riding, does anyone else have a route plotted from Dunwich to Diss?

rb58

Enigma
Sorry if I missed it, but is the half way stop the Sudbury Tesco? I recall when we were there with Adam last time, the cafe didn't open until 7.00am. McDonalds (on the route) opens at 6.00am. Of course we could well past Sudbury by then, but worth noting just in case.

OP
OP
redfalo

redfalo

Two questions:

1.Meeting point is Thee Pubbe at London Fields, yes?
2. As User10571 isn't riding, does anyone else have a route plotted from Dunwich to Diss?

yes and yes.

We'll meet at the Pub on the Park http://goo.gl/maps/5RW9g on the north-eastern edge of London Fields, 23.30hrs for an 0:00hrs start. I'll be meeting @Andrew Br and @ianmac62 22:15-ish at Euston station, we'll then ride to the Kingdom of Hackneyonia. If anyone else wants to meet up with us at Euston (or King's Cross/St. Pancras), give me a shout.

I'll have the route to Diss on the GPS, and so will @Andrew Br It's here on GPSies.com

And yes, @rb58 , the idea is using Sudbury as a half-way stop. It's 61 miles from Hackney, so we could try McDonalds first customers of the day. I'll check the opening hours.

OP
OP
redfalo

redfalo

According to the website, McDonalds Sudbury opens at 6.00am. Might be a bit late for us though. On our ride back from Doncaster last weekend we stopped at McDonalds in Spalding and had jolly good coffee and porridge.
Weird - according to "my" McDonalds website it opens at 5am. This is the correct "restaurant", isn't it?

McDonald's - Sudbury - Retail Park
CHILTON INDUSTRIAL ESTATE

NORTHERN ROAD SUDBURY
SUFFOLK
CO10 2XQ
01787 315605

U

User10571

Two questions:

I have the route and am happy to supply, but it looks like you already have that covered by another.

Top Bottom