Dun Run lite - Friday, 3 Oct

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianmac62

Guru
Thinking this through and I'm coming to the conclusion that I should make plans to get to Stowmarket station on the way out rather than the way back. That's about eighty miles from London. Would @User13710 and anyone else rethink and join me?

If I do that, @redfalo, is there an approximate time for getting to Stowmarket on the way out, please?

StuartG

slower but further
Thinking this through and I'm coming to the conclusion that I should make plans to get to Stowmarket station on the way out rather than the way back.
Alternatively you are very welcome to do the lot and crash out spending the night with us in Southwold (about 10 miles further on) leaving you a comfortable 8 mile ride Sunday morning to Darsham and London.

The bunk bed might be a bit short but there is a bed/settee arrangement spare. And there is a certain brewery close by if The Ship hasn't fixed your dehydration.

ianmac62

Guru
Alternatively you are very welcome to do the lot and crash out spending the night with us in Southwold (about 10 miles further on) leaving you a comfortable 8 mile ride Sunday morning to Darsham and London.

The bunk bed might be a bit short but there is a bed/settee arrangement spare. And there is a certain brewery close by if The Ship hasn't fixed your dehydration.

That's really kind, @StuartG! But at 120 miles I might be biting off more than I can chew. And I am to going to northern Spain with @mmmmartin the following Tuesday. Got to be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed for that! But thanks again!

mistral

Guru
Olaf & all, I am so sorry, but I'm also dropping out

Some may know I was made redundant at the end of July. I started a new job on Monday - it's a better job, so all good.

But next week we have the US team over and it will be a heavy week of long days, I'm really not going to be up for the distance I'm afraid.

Another cheap (free) ticket available for someone?

OP
OP
redfalo

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
Thinking this through and I'm coming to the conclusion that I should make plans to get to Stowmarket station on the way out rather than the way back. That's about eighty miles from London. Would @User13710 and anyone else rethink and join me?

If I do that, @redfalo, is there an approximate time for getting to Stowmarket on the way out, please?

It's 80 miles from Hackney to Needham Market, where you'd have to leave us and ride another 3.5m to Stowmarket. Hence 84 miles. I think an overall average of 10mph (including breaks) sounds plausible, so I think your ETA at Stowmarket may be 8.15a to 8.30am

Here's the entire route
http://www.gpsies.com/map.do?fileId=zlsscvbchaekever

OP
OP
redfalo

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life

Some may know I was made redundant at the end of July. I started a new job on Monday - it's a better job, so all good.

But next week we have the US team over and it will be a heavy week of long days, I'm really not going to be up for the distance I'm afraid.

congrats!

Mistral Hello - Great news about the job- Congratulations! Not so great news that you cant make the ride. If the ticket is still up for grabs I'd like to put my name down!

Big thanks

Mice :hello:

Top Bottom