Dun Run lite - Friday 7th June

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wanda2010

Guru
Just the head? :ohmy: None of my suggestions included decapitation.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Nooo, the dog is called Toby... I thought the rumors were Ms. G. Paltrows head from the film Se7en was lurking in the rucksack? Is it all lies?

saoirse50

Veteran
I fancy this. Now I am a grumpy old woman, the crowds on the actual DunRun are beginning to get to me (as some last year may have witnessed).

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I've just looked at my calendar and I have no cycling dates marked for June. So write me down for this. I have one or two family type things that may intervene, but I'm confident it should be OK.

Andrew

wakou

Über Member
I've just looked at my calendar and I have no cycling dates marked for July. So write me down for this. I have one or two family type things that may intervene, but I'm confident it should be OK.

Andrew
Err the OP mentioned 7th JUNE?

I quite fancy a go at this.. A provisional maybe from me...:smile:

wakou

Über Member
@ OP 'Flying Dodo' Would I be hissed at and spat upon if I cheated and joined you at eg marker point 28 - 34 (Leaden Roding/Dunmow)? I live in Chelmsford, and am not sure my legs will be in fit enough condition to keep up for the entire route, and it would save me coming up to London first. Are those 'marker points' on your .gpx file equivalent to miles? If so it would not be hard for me to work out an approx rdv time, and be there in good time to join you all........I would not of course expect you to wait or vary your journey in any way, I would just seamlessly slip in to the group as you passed by?

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Hi Adam,

Am a defo for this please.

Am also looking at cycling back, via Cambridge, no doubt, if anyone else is interested, or watching... :hello:

OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
@ OP 'Flying Dodo' Would I be hissed at and spat upon if I cheated and joined you at eg marker point 28 - 34 (Leaden Roding/Dunmow)? I live in Chelmsford, and am not sure my legs will be in fit enough condition to keep up for the entire route, and it would save me coming up to London first. Are those 'marker points' on your .gpx file equivalent to miles? If so it would not be hard for me to work out an approx rdv time, and be there in good time to join you all........I would not of course expect you to wait or vary your journey in any way, I would just seamlessly slip in to the group as you passed by?

Yes, it is showing as miles - see the x axis on the profile on the bottom of the screen. We should be going through Great Dunmow at around 3 am, so absolutely fine to join up around there.

I did the Dun Run last year, and caught the train home from Darsham. I think they were being ultra-strict because of the DunRun, but when it arrived, the guard got off, blocked the doorway and said "room for one bike". Apparently officially it can only carry 7, which it already had but one was getting off. So me and my folder + one other rider got on. The other 20 or 30 were left on the station. I spoke to the riders on the train, and they weren't on the Dun Run, it was just a normal Sunday.

OK, probably won't happen any other weekend, but it's worth knowing that if the guard is working to rule, you won't all get on.

Top Bottom