Dun Run lite - Friday 7th June

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rb58

Enigma
Hi Adam,

Am a defo for this please.

Am also looking at cycling back, via Cambridge, no doubt, if anyone else is interested, or watching... :hello:
I'll be riding back via the Dartford Crossing. I'll send you the route I've used for my return from previous DunRuns, but it doesn't go via Cambridge. As I recall it was Ipswich, Colchester, Tiptree, Maldon, The Hanningfields, Billericay. I also once did Ipswich, Colchester, Chelmsford, Brentwood, London. Plenty of bail out options on that route.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
I'll be riding back via the Dartford Crossing. I'll send you the route I've used for my return from previous DunRuns, but it doesn't go via Cambridge. As I recall it was Ipswich, Colchester, Tiptree, Maldon, The Hanningfields, Billericay. I also once did Ipswich, Colchester, Chelmsford, Brentwood, London. Plenty of bail out options on that route.

Yeh, thats completely workable, thanks. Many Hills? :laugh:

Tim Hall

Note that the Smithfield Nocturne is on the 8th. What better weekend could be had than to cycle to Dunwich with a fine bunch of like minded souls, enjoy an FEB, catch a train back to London and watch the racing at Smithfield?

rb58

Enigma
I'm just putting the finishing touches to my return route for this. I wouldn't mind putting the out bound route into my eTrex as well if you have it ready Adam? Cheers.

OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
A little advance warning - it would be sensible to buy train tickets in advance as with a Network Railcard, they're only £12 back to London, compared with £39.70 on the day. Also, although you can't book bikes spaces on the Darsham to Ipswich train, it would be sensible (but not compulsory) to book tickets via the Southern Railways web site (or similar) to let you book a bike space, as then you'd definitely be covered for the Ipswich to London train. The Darsham to Ipswich trains run every hour. We're on the 14:49 train from Darsham, and we've got bike reservations and 1st class seats for only £2 more on the connecting Ipswich to London train.

wanda2010

Guru
^^OK. Suggestion will be followed.

I'm about Now booked on the 1449 from Darsham but will have to get the 1609 from Ipswich as there was no bike space left on the earlier train.

*Makes note to pack a newspaper/Kindle to while away the minutes*

rb58

Enigma
^^OK. Suggestion will be followed.

I'm about Now booked on the 1449 from Darsham but will have to get the 1609 from Ipswich as there was no bike space left on the earlier train.
If you're going to wait that long at Ipswich you might as well cycle back....

Tim Hall

Hmm. Went on to the southern website. Found the journey I want, found the bicycle space tab. Message comes up "you have already reserved a seat". Nothing about having a bike space or whether one is available on the train I want (1543 IPS to lST). Am I doing it right?

Top Bottom