Dunwich Dynamo 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hedgey

Hi...can someone please post a link to an accurate gpx file for the route that I can use with my Garmin 810...that would be great..ta

Hi...can someone please post a link to an accurate gpx file for the route that I can use with my Garmin 810...that would be great..ta
I'm afraid there is no "official" -- much less "accurate"! -- route.

A route sheet will be circulated on Saturday night in London Fields showing the route that has been reccie'd this week checking for road works etc. Otherwise, you are free to go whichever route you like!

You can search on Strava or BikeHike or RideWithGPS for the GPX routes uploaded by others in years' past - just be aware that these will vary to one degree or another (as riders may or may not have followed the printed cue sheet available any given year) and may not match the printed cue sheet available on the night this year.

Sorry this is not the definite answer you want. But the DunRun is all about the adventure. Getting a bit lost is part of that. And you won't be alone!

hedgey

I'm afraid there is no "official" -- much less "accurate"! -- route.

A route sheet will be circulated on Saturday night in London Fields showing the route that has been reccie'd this week checking for road works etc. Otherwise, you are free to go whichever route you like!

You can search on Strava or BikeHike or RideWithGPS for the GPX routes uploaded by others in years' past - just be aware that these will vary to one degree or another (as riders may or may not have followed the printed cue sheet available any given year) and may not match the printed cue sheet available on the night this year.

Sorry this is not the definite answer you want. But the DunRun is all about the adventure. Getting a bit lost is part of that. And you won't be alone!
Makes sense.
Thanks for the speedy response

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
One of my "things to plan" for next year is another unofficial Dun Run, as despite the demise of 24 hour access to the Sudbury Tesco, the McDonald's there opens at 5 so could be viable.
I enjoyed your "Diddy Dun Run" whenever it was. Last year? Year before?

I may be massively wrong and missing out on the fun but for some reason the Dun Run doesn't appeal to me. I'm not at all sure why.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I may be massively wrong and missing out on the fun but for some reason the Dun Run doesn't appeal to me. I'm not at all sure why

I feel exactly the same. I have never done it and at the moment I have no plans to either.
But then again I always used to say the same about FNR's and have now done near to 50 of the bleedin' things.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I doubt I'll do the DD again. Too many idiots. Really didn't enjoy 2013, my last one- not having enough warm gear didn't help, but umpteen close passes and undertakes were worse. And this was before the delightful rail restrictions.....

Brains

Legendary Member
I did the DD in 2015
and will be doing it again this weekend
I take enough stuff to assume it will be 5 degrees centigrade at zero dark thirty in the morning, pissing with rain and no food available. so whatever happens i wont be disappointed.
I have back up lights, batteries and maps
And I booked my return ticket on the coaches months ago

As a London commuter the number of bikes really does not bother me, you get less idiots on 120 miles of DD than you do in 5 miles of London commuting

mattobrien

Guru
This time tomorrow we'll have set off and will be pedalling to London Fields. Looking forward to a long cycling adventure.

I have bought glow sticks for our group so we can look behind and see who is around rather than just see the riders front light. Do say hello if you see a group with glow sticks around their necks in the dark hours. There will be a couple of us in Ashbocking Cycling Club kit too.

rb58

Enigma
I may be massively wrong and missing out on the fun but for some reason the Dun Run doesn't appeal to me. I'm not at all sure why.
I've done it four times now, but last year and this, even though I planned to do it, as it got closer I get a full on case of 'can't-be-arsed-itis'. Not sure why that is. I'll be doing the FNRttC tonight instead. But DunRun is a great ride and something everyone should do at least once. To those of you doing it this time round - Enjoy!!

U

User10571

Ross has it.
As he says - everyone should do it once. I'd go further and say do it twice, preferably in consecutive years.
You'll enjoy the second one more, as any ogre / fear / dread of the first one will have gone.
Good luck to all those doing it tomorrow.
May the wind be to your backs (I think there is a good chance it will)
I may pitch up at London Fields tomorrow, before sundown, to point and laugh.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I'm on my way to London Fields later. Once the DunRun is done, I have to ride up to Lowestoft to catch my lift home. Well, 12 miles from home, which I'll ride just before Sunday Lunch.
Weather looks warm and moist, with a tailwind....

Top Bottom