Dunwich Dynamo 4th July 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
They are estimating that over 1000 took part this year as over 900 breakfasts in Dunwich were sold ;)

Dan B

Disengaged member
That tallies with what I heard: 500+ coach places booked, and usually the same number again who make their own way home.

Which in my case was back to friend's house near Ipswich (add 25 miles ish to total) and get driven home from there. Sorry I didn't catch up with you guys much, I was doing this one with the skating folk
[*].

[*] That is, we weren't actually skating to Dunwich, but we're all in the same club and we cycle too

coruskate said:
That tallies with what I heard: 500+ coach places booked, and usually the same number again who make their own way home.

Which in my case was back to friend's house near Ipswich (add 25 miles ish to total) and get driven home from there. Sorry I didn't catch up with you guys much, I was doing this one with the skating folk
[*].

[*] That is, we weren't actually skating to Dunwich, but we're all in the same club and we cycle too

Hi coruskate, I saw the you with fellow Skaters taking a break under the trees toward the latter part of the ride with our FNRttC friend who sports the World Champ's jersey and cycles in chef's plimsolls ;).

I chatted to another one wearing the London Skaters (neat jersey btw) jersey on Sunday afternoon. Bit of a racing snake - nearer my age than yours I would imagine - who said that they turned up at Dunwich at about ten past five that morning and had no problem getting a breakfast. The café must have done a roaring trade. (Which is why us lot were so lucky to have campervanman in our troupe).

Dan B

Disengaged member
Aperitif said:
Hi coruskate, I saw the you with fellow Skaters taking a break under the trees toward the latter part of the ride with our FNRttC friend who sports the World Champ's jersey and cycles in chef's plimsolls ;).
In the rain in Westleton? We'd arrived, breakfasted and left again by then, but were waiting for a friend who was behind us.
Aperitif said:
I chatted to another one wearing the London Skaters (neat jersey btw) jersey on Sunday afternoon. Bit of a racing snake - nearer my age than yours I would imagine - who said that they turned up at Dunwich at about ten past five that morning and had no problem getting a breakfast.
I forgot to ask the front group (actually, pair) what time they arrived, but they were still in the queue for the cafe when we got there at ~6:15 (give or take 15 minutes, I think). Mind you, afaik it only opens at 6 anyway...

I could be wrong, I wasn't taking much in by then.

4F

coruskate said:
In the rain in Westleton? We'd arrived, breakfasted and left again by then, but were waiting for a friend who was behind us.

they were still in the queue for the cafe when we got there at ~6:15 (give or take 15 minutes, I think). Mind you, afaik it only opens at 6 anyway...

It was due to open at 6 however actually opened earlier and was serving breakfasts from 04:30 according to a friend who arrived early doors having decided not to stop at the mid point melee

leyton condor

Veteran
Absolutely top ride.
It was good to meet a few of you guys in the park prior to the ride and glad to hear that you all made it through and had a good time.
It took us a while longer than anticipated, mainly to us having rather old jackets which had lost most (if not all) of their proofing so we spent a while sheltering under a tree 9 miles out until the dry bit underneath got too small for us.
I must admit to having a few dark moments (which could be solved by sleeping prior to, bringing a bit more food and being less tight and buying a waterproof that is just that) but I can't wait for next year.
See you all then.

4F

2010 date, July 24th / 25th :ohmy:

The café on the beach was open from 04:30 I understood from the chap I spoke with. He got off at Shenfield (with Wowbagger, as it happens) and wore 'Road ID' on his right arm. Must have been the same pair of guys.

Pleased to say hello too Leyton C. One of our number introduced you in the park and I was still waking up from Friday looking at all the Condors rolling around me thinking "Leyton Condor? what's that? - before the penny dropped! :ohmy: Next year you say? Never <runs> :biggrin:

Will1985

Über Member
Is it time to make a 2010 thread then?? :ohmy:

I had an idea for decorating stevevw's van without having to paint it - get some magnet pictures (a bit like the L-plate ones but bigger) made up with the CC logo.

I saw the London Speed Skaters kit as well - very swish. Way better than the design everyone was wearing last year at the Dun Run.

4F

Maybe next year a gazebo, sun loungers and a 5 x 3 metre cycle chat flag to announce our presence ?

Top Bottom