Early fireworks - why?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robjh

Legendary Member
Debate rages in the rjh household.

When we lived in Leicester and the fireworks started going off in mid-October, we always used to say 'that's Diwali celebrations'.
Living now in a South Cambs commuter village, the local Hindu population is, to put it mildly, less visible than in Leicester. But when the fireworks started tonight, Mrs rjh still thought it was for Diwali, whereas I reckon it's just the natives getting overexcited and they just can't wait for November 5th.

This is an armchair debate only as we couldn't be a*sed to go and find the source of the fireworks and question the perpetrators.

I blame nobbery

BrynCP

Über Member
I like to think it's just as simple as the supermarkets have started selling them, and people can't resist wasting their money buying fireworks and letting them off just because they can.

Unfortunately my dog isn't a fan of them and they're doing the same here.

burndust

Parts unknown...baby
Yip round my way for years....start of october til end of january....every night...plus the local NEDs setting them off in the street etc

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
We don't have fire works around here. Then again there aren't many people so that probably explains why. The last time I saw fire works was about 3 years ago, when I went to the firework display in Mach. Dam good display it was. Had a great night.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I live not far from a posh hotel and they have them nearly every other night.:angry:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
If you have a dog or a small baby, fireworks can be a real pain but I'm broadly in favour of them. Yes, they can be daftly expensive but they always bring a smile to my face. There are not many forms of extravagance (or annoyance if you are a grumpy) that can be widely shared with complete strangers for no good reason at all.

Edit: Cross-post with SL. It wasn't meant to be a dig at you!

Last edited:
Top Bottom