Early fireworks - why?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Two parties going on down our road.....at least £500 gone up in smoke so far tonight. What a complete waste.......you could get a decent bottle of wine for that kind of money.

You buy your own wine and know the prices....and I thought you had class

ScotiaLass

Guru
If you have a dog or a small baby, fireworks can be a real pain but I'm broadly in favour of them. Yes, they can be daftly expensive but they always bring a smile to my face. There are not many forms of extravagance (or annoyance if you are a grumpy) that can be widely shared with complete strangers for no good reason at all.

Edit: Cross-post with SL. It wasn't meant to be a dig at you!
Not taken as such :smile:

OP
OP
robjh

robjh

Legendary Member
We tend to go with Rescue Remedy when anything stresses out any of ours. Alcohol not being terribly good for dogs.

Did the schnapps help?
The dog got through it fine in the end. She is normally a very calm dog but starts trembling terribly at the first firework bang, but after a fingertip of apple schnapps she curled up and went to sleep. She is back to her normal self this morning and has been out for her morning bark at the cats/foxes/rabbits/squirrels/unseen things at the end of the garden.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
If I had my way, I'd ban the sale of fireworks to the public and only allow 2 licensed town/parish displays a year. I hate the unpredictability at this time of year, never knowing when they'll go off or where they'll be aimed.

Mrs M

Guru
Not started round here yet but should kick off soon enough. Used to terrify the 2 cats we used to have but as they got older it didn't seem to bother them. In fact our 19 year old sat on the windowsill watching, don't know if he (being a cat) could see them properly but hope he enjoyed them!

AndyRM

XOXO
Someone shot a firework at me once. Fortunately I was coming back from hockey practise so with a combination of extreme luck and timing was able to batter the thing back at them. I felt like a ninja for the rest of the week.

They've started later than usual in the Wallsend Riviera this year, normally going from the beginning of October. We've got an epileptic cat who's not fussed by them, but the two new kitten sized additions to the RM house get terrified and express their fear by digging their claws into your leg. Brilliant.

Top Bottom