Early fireworks - why?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fubar

Guru
We live not far from Leith, where the ex-Royal Yacht Britannia is berthed and used as a corporate party "function" venue. They seem to use fireworks at every event, so it's 2200 noise for us at least 1 night each week all year round. Glad I don't live any closer. :rolleyes:

Then, of course, we have the Festival Fireworks, the New Year Fireworks ... and any other excuse that can be found for throwing a whole lot of money into the air, watch and hear it go "Bang !", then wonder if it was really worth it ! :laugh:

You forgot the Forth Road Bridge fireworks...

classic33

Leg End Member
That's where you're going wrong, we always used to stick them in milk bottles.
He'll not have seen milk in bottles, you'll confuse him.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
<Useless firework fact alert>
Did you know that bangers go off under water? We used to mould a ball of mud with our hands, stick the banger in it, light the fuse and wait until it started fizzing....and lob it in the river. It was particularly good at night when you could see the flash two feet down.
As you were....

OP
OP
robjh

robjh

Legendary Member
Did you know that bangers go off under water? We used to mould a ball of mud with our hands, stick the banger in it, light the fuse and wait until it started fizzing....and lob it in the river. It was particularly good at night when you could see the flash two feet down.
As you were....
Did the fish population go down in your area?

OP
OP
robjh

robjh

Legendary Member
We used to do this on the River Itchen actually, a very good and expensive trout river.
I found this in the Southern Daily Echo
Itchen.JPG

Might there be a connection?

stephec

Legendary Member
As you were....
That sounds hilarious, was it in honour of Guy Gibson? :smile:

Christopher

Über Member
Plenty of bangs in Preston atm, started last week, but not as intense as in previous years. Most idiotic thing I saw was where someone shot a big rocket horizontally, it hit a grass bank and blew up - looked like a phosporous strike! This on an evening commute through a park...

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
At about half past midnight on January 1st 2000, the boozed-up residents of Restronguet Creek launched a rocket attack on the smart houses 100 yards across the water from Weir beach. It was totally irresponsible, but oh my, it was fun.

Top Bottom