Early fireworks - why?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Touchwood it's been firework free apart from the days leading up to bonfire night,around here for years. The recent laws regarding the age of those able to buy fireworks,plus the cost of them has curtailed anti social behaviour. Years ago it was horrendous with those "airbombs" being put through letterboxes and pointed at windows daily!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Are you not interested in understanding the underlying causes of a forum member going into meltdown then?
That's not for this thread. And in the User Guidelines and Rules:

Respectful Conduct – Respect is the cornerstone of our community. You must respect your fellow members. Please refrain from inflammatory and defamatory comments as well as flaming, taunting, stalking, bullying, trolling and general disrespect. Personal attacks, aggressive messages, and passive-aggressive behaviour are not acceptable. Do not simply put down the opinion or advice given by others. If you don’t agree with it, say why (respectfully), don’t just tell them they are wrong.

Please do not attempt to moderate our community. Only our staff has the authority and tools to do so. If you feel someone has violated our User Guidelines, please just report it and let our staff deal with it.

Lullabelle

Banana
Debate rages in the rjh household.

When we lived in Leicester and the fireworks started going off in mid-October, we always used to say 'that's Diwali celebrations'.
Living now in a South Cambs commuter village, the local Hindu population is, to put it mildly, less visible than in Leicester. But when the fireworks started tonight, Mrs rjh still thought it was for Diwali, whereas I reckon it's just the natives getting overexcited and they just can't wait for November 5th.

This is an armchair debate only as we couldn't be a*sed to go and find the source of the fireworks and question the perpetrators.

We are in Leicester and this year we haven't heard many fireworks so far.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
We live not far from Leith, where the ex-Royal Yacht Britannia is berthed and used as a corporate party "function" venue. They seem to use fireworks at every event, so it's 2200 noise for us at least 1 night each week all year round. Glad I don't live any closer. :rolleyes:

Then, of course, we have the Festival Fireworks, the New Year Fireworks ... and any other excuse that can be found for throwing a whole lot of money into the air, watch and hear it go "Bang !", then wonder if it was really worth it ! :laugh:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
We live not far from Leith, where the ex-Royal Yacht Britannia is berthed and used as a corporate party "function" venue. They seem to use fireworks at every event, so it's 2200 noise for us at least 1 night each week all year round. Glad I don't live any closer. :rolleyes:

Then, of course, we have the Festival Fireworks, the New Year Fireworks ... and any other excuse that can be found for throwing a whole lot of money into the air, watch and hear it go "Bang !", then wonder if it was really worth it ! :laugh:

Have you considered moving? I think I would :laugh:

young Ed

Veteran
oh fireworks are great fun, you get all hyped up hoping they're going to be amazing and then when you let them off they are rather pathetic! :sad:
Cheers Ed

TVC

oh fireworks are great fun, you get all hyped up hoping they're going to be amazing and then when you let them off they are rather pathetic! :sad:
Cheers Ed
They are definitely something you grow out of

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
They are definitely something you grow out of
Not yet for me! I like the atmosphere of going and watching with lots of others, hearing the crackle of the bonfire etc,meeting warmly dressed up in coats, gloves, two pairs of socks etc. the only bit I don't like is the narrow passageway everyone tries to leave by at the end. It takes longer to walk 250 m than it does to walk the rest of the way home.

Reactions: TVC

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 3349417, member: 259"]That's something you don't hear every day - a farmer getting annoyed about something! :thumbsup:[/QUOTE]
Using them wrong, as you highlighted!

young Ed

Veteran
well us farmers have a right to moan so we like to make full use of that
have you seen the milk prices lately? f'in atrocious! cattle feed prices just keep going up and we are now paying more for feed alone then we are getting coming in from the milk :cursing::cursing::cursing:

you see we're a happy, friendly bunch really :smile:
Cheers Ed

Top Bottom