East Yorks night ride [POSTPONED]

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

velocidad

Veteran
just shown my youngest your snow creature and he loved it! he asks if it's one of the prehistoric super-crocs such as sarcosuchus or just a regular crocodilian? that's jacob for ya ;-)

cheers,

velocidad

Bandini

Is this still happening? Whether looks likely to be terrible. Anyone want to arrange an alternative date - weather permitting?

OP
OP
ComedyPilot

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
I am not game in this. The back roads I would have to ride are packed ice, and chunky ridges, as are the back roads to the pub. From a safety point of view it might be better to wait for a warmer, clearer night?

+1 CP
Minor roads around here haven't shown any signs of clearing despite having sun on them all day. The (January?) ride earlier this year saw Helen fall a couple of times and the car-spinning-into-the-field episode, when it probably wasn't as cold as it will be tomorrow.
I ordered some winter tyres last week (just before the real snow started) but they haven't arrived yet. Even with them it would be more bloody-mindedness than enjoyable going tomorrow. And this is from someone who was riding on a frozen Norwegian beach on New Years day this year. Ended up with a slush puppie in the water bottle that day.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Fair enough, this will save me from my own stupidity

Though to be fair it was -5 (about 4:30) when I drove home tonight just past Beverley!!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/336

I'll send a message to Shaun (& a mod) see if they can change the title to POSTPONED...

i'VE PM'D solty,velo & uncle phil just in case

HelenD123

Legendary Member
What's anyone doing between Christmas and New Year? If there's been a thaw by then perhaps we could arrange something.

zacklaws

Guru
I'm free from the 30th till the 3rd but same as the ride that was planned for tonight I'm not sure where I will be as I may go back up to Northallerton.

velocidad

Veteran
yep certainly nasty riding weather, i managed about 500m from my house the other night and decided it was just too dangerous. unbelievably i managed to get a puncture in that short distance too.
i can be free for a ride most anytime really.
all the best to you all,
velocidad.

Bandini

Good call.

Will see you all after the thaw!

Soltydog

Legendary Member
HelenD123 said:
What's anyone doing between Christmas and New Year?
Working :rolleyes: Back at work on Sunday 27th till Thursday 31st, but then off for 5 so early next year is good for me :tongue:

craigwend

velocidad said:
just shown my youngest your snow creature and he loved it! he asks if it's one of the prehistoric super-crocs such as sarcosuchus or just a regular crocodilian? that's jacob for ya ;-)

cheers,

velocidad

I checked with the artist of said creation, it's an alligator -something to do with the length of it's nose, but it is called a 'snowcodile' ...

(it's still there...)

Glad we did not go out on tuesday, it got as low as -7 on the way home tonight

craigwend

Still icey off the main roads, particularly near hedges away from the sun, I could feel the temprature drop as the sun went down, perhaps wait until summer?

Bandini

Dying to get out - but I have work coming out of my ear holes :laugh: That was presuming that we had a thaw. Academic now.

Top Bottom