Scotland : Edinburgh & Lothians Edinburgh - Gifford 22nd March (Saturday)

Which option(s) do you fancy - multiple choices possible?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
As per the Future Rides thread, looks like there is interest in an Eastern ride in mid-/late March :smile:.
Edinburgh - Gifford (cafe stop) - Edinburgh
with optional start/finish at Longniddry if somebody doesn't want to do the whole loop.
Draft full route here

Start: Edinburgh Commonwealth Pool (pickup from Waverley Station to the start can be arranged), or we can swing by Longniddry for those who fancy a shorter option

Finish: Chez T's (round the corner from the start/finish) for those who want a hot drink and more cake ... depending on what the weather looks like nearer the time, there might be a pot of soup, too.

Date: 22nd March (Saturday)

Start time: 10:30/11:00-ish at the latest, but open to negotiations depending on where people are travelling from.

Attending (10-12 so far):
@MikeW-71
@Rasmus
@Telemark
@HonestMan1910 + 1 (Colin)
@Pat "5mph" + 1
@Cameronmu917772 (possibly +1)
@Scoosh
@DougieAB

Maybe:
@Harry_Palmer79 ?

Not Now
@Brandane ? sadly a 'no' :cry:
@scook94 :sad: Get well soon!

Last edited:

MikeW-71

Veteran
Either would be OK for me, I'd need to find somewhere to park or I might give the train a try :smile:

Date will be unknown until I get work rotas.

OP
OP
Telemark

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Parking in the residential streets around the Commonwealth Pool (where we started the November ride) at weekends is free and relatively easy to find, and at Longniddry there is the station car park, which is also free...

Edinburgh by train from Carlisle is not too bad (I've done it in the other direction for @mcshroom 's fabulous night ride), and tickets can be had for a fiver or thereabouts one way if you book early enough, hope that's an option with your rota - when will you know?

T

OP
OP
Telemark

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Looks like the 29th is the favourite date so far. :smile:
Unfortunately my work in insanely busy just now, and various deadlines are shifting about a bit, with a couple at present looking ominously close to around that weekend... Should know by the end of next week if we can meet the next one (28th Feb) on time or need to ask for an extension, which would create a crowd of deadlines late March :ohmy:.

T

Top Bottom