Famous people you have seen (and where)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
i saw Jamie Rednapp in London walking down the street.
I looked at him and thought "he's hot"
Then my next thought was "O i know him" and i nearly actually said hi, thinking i must know him from work or something.
Then just a split second before I embarrassed myself and realised who it was.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Henry Cooper - Hotel in Bournemouth 1999
Noel Gallagher - Coffee shop in Soho 2001
Kimi Raikkonnen, Damon HIll, Jackie Stewart, Murray Walker, Jenson Button - British Grand Prix 2003
Jason Plato - Touring Car Championship Finale Brands Hatch 2009
Nigel Mansell - Lots of places over the years.
Sharon Davies - Crystal Palace 1994

Plus lots of sportsmen and entertainers at events and concerts etc but you can't count them can you?

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

Martin Clunes - Barts Hospital 1996
Danny Baker - Near the ITV building road that Leads to the OXO Tower...sometime in the 90's.

Plus lots of sportsmen and entertainers at events and concerts etc but you can't count them can you?

Hmmmm unless you meet them on the train bus or whatever.

TVC

I once ran into Roy Castle's dog, and would regularly see Cliff Richard as well as Lewis Collins, Eddie Large and John Laurie. But then I did live in Gerrards Cross in the late 70s so it was hard not to.

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

Im pretty sure I saw Chris Hughton (more than once) (during the mid 1990's) on the road I live just a few doors down.He played for Spurs in the 1980's and is now caretaker manager of Newcastle.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
beanzontoast said:
Am I alone in never having met anyone famous?

No ;)

I once had to introduce Isla St Clair (who, if I remember correctly has some link with Wafflycat) at a hospital fete in the 1980s. I was a gibbering wreck, borne on the tide of her loveliness to an island of unrequitedness. ;)

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
The then Archbishop of Canterbury (Ramsay?) Heathrow Airport, 80's
Lesley Joseph at a wedding reception, Kidderminster, 90's
One of the England Cricketers who played also for Worcestershire at a Tennis Club near Worcester, 2000's - I can't remember the name ;) but it might come back to me ;)

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

Fnaar said:
No ;)

I once had to introduce Isla St Clair (who, if I remember correctly has some link with Wafflycat) at a hospital fete in the 1980s. I was a gibbering wreck, borne on the tide of her loveliness to an island of unrequitedness. :biggrin:

I remember on the train back from Liverpool in 1984 Steve Perryman actually spoke to me.;)

Oh yeah and I got a load of autographs as well.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I've punched Henry Cooper in the balls

Patrick Allen and the barratts helecopter when he canme to open a new bit of our housing estate.

Nearly ran Glenn Roeder (ex - footballer Newcastle Utd at the time) over on my driving test as he was jogging on the central reservtation of the Fenham By-pass in Newcastle.

Nigel Pivaro (Terry Duckworth I'm told) jaywalked in front of me cycling down Deansgate in Manchester.

I was a photography student in Manchester and we used to get comp tickets to the BBC and ITV occasionally to act as the press gallery.

Peter Beardlsey in a McDonalds in Manchester

Various Liverpool and Everton players when my son was in Alder Hey a few years back.

Gordon Burns (ex Krypton Factor, now BBC local news anchor for N West) at the last Salford Triathlon

bauldbairn

ComedyPilot said:
Niall Mckenzie.

Forgot about Niall MacKenzie - he's from Denny(or was) near Falkirk. I spoke to him in Jim Allan Motorcycles in Falkirk in about 1987 - I was ordering tyres and had a blether with him in the shop. I wasn't exactly sure who he was at the time - just knew I recognised him from somewhere. Then it dawned on me when I heard his first name mentioned. He was a very nice guy. ;)

Top Bottom