Famous people you have seen (and where)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I played football with Mutley the lead singer of the Macc Lads for about 8 years. Nice guy still see him around.

I have met and seen many other famous people over the years but Mutley stands out as being the only one who has been banned from the USA:laugh:

That bloke on the piano, with the beard, from Thats Life, can't remember his name but went to a concert and apeared on stage with him (I was handing over a peice of handmade furniture) when I was sixteen/seventeen.

Just remembered his name is Richard Stillgoe

Wobbly John

Veteran
During open days at the school where I work, I've met and talked to:

F1 commentator, Martin Brundle (his son was a pupil)
F1 driver, Lewis Hamilton (his then-girlfriend's sister was a pupil)

jamesxyz

Jean Alexander (aka Hilda Ogden) Xmas shopping in York
Mo Mowlam (former MP) in Safeways supermarket, Redcar - she gave me 'the nod'
Mathew Kelly - Redcar beach, filming a series of 'Madabout' (I grew up in Redcar)
Richard Whitley (Countdown presenter) - pulled up next to out car at traffic lights in Beverley in an open top Merc - flash git!
Biff Byford and various other members of Heavy Metal combo 'Saxon' backstage at a gig in ... guess where ... Redcar!
Bob Mortimer in several pubs in Middlesbrough

Person I'd most like to meet - Rolf Harris

postman

Legendary Member
Terry Yorath (Gabbies dad ) lunchtime two weeks ago in the Lord Darcy pub .Leeds
Jimmy (and his gold )Savile last summer Dunnies cafe Otley .
Her Maj.Well through the back window of her very large jeep land rover .Going over the bridge outside Dunnies cafe Otley .

Cubist

Still wavin'
Saw Edwina Currie at Tebay Services a couple of years ago, and took my daughter for a riding lesson and thought one of the dads looked familiar, turned out to be Sean Wilson (Martin Platt)

Massive Attack - Launch party of Mezzanine, Bristol 98ish
Francis Ford Coppola - His place, Barbecue, Buenos Aires, 2008
Emily Lloyd - Bar, new years eve 2010
Danny Cipriani - Although he was a few years younger than me at school
Steve Punt - Although he was a few years older than me at school

and Derren Brown's dad was my swimming teacher

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Smoking has been my big connector...

I met Kenneth Brannagh and Hugh Laurie whilst the 3 of us had an illicit fag at the baggage carousel in T4 at H'row... we sat like naughty schoolboys.
Also met Mike Read whilst having a fag at Luton Airport.
In Oxford bumped into, Alan Coren and Andy Hamilton and had a Thai meal with Baroness Greenfield at the next table.
Also had a brief chat with Prince Charles.

Top Bottom