Famous people you have seen (and where)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
dan_bo said:
And I work with George Bests' sisters' husband.
Lol - along similar lines with a link to Man Utd.... I used to work with Sammy McIlroy's ex-wife (she's my Wife's best mate in the world, even though there's 20 years between them) and I used to play poker with Darren Fletcher a couple of years ago. I think they both thought that blokes like me should be in awe of them and ass-kiss somewhat... quite amusingly I didn't know who either of them was (well, I knew the names but wouldn't have recognised them). When introduced to 'Fletch' at the first game I asked if he had a first name... don't think he was overly impressed! ;)

I've also (literally) bumped into the chap that used to play Andy MacDonald in Corrie when we happened to be in Eyam finding out about the Plague and its origins in Derbyshire at the same time. Sort of recognised him after apologising for nearly knocking him over as I rounded a corner of a Church and he was coming the other way. My Wife was/is a big Corrie fan and wasn't too amused when I told her and pointed him out as he was leaving. :sad:

I also had a good laugh in the Trafford Centre one day when a big (full team kit saddo) Man Utd fan was walking along on his phone, blabbing away alongside his girlfriend... she (and I) both spotted Christiano Ronaldo walking the other way (back in the day when he was a spottyish upstart just on his way to being the next big thing)... she tried to get her fella's attention and he just shrugged her off and continued with his call... no doubt he was pi$$ed off when he found out why she was trying to disturb him!! :sad::biggrin:

I nearly crashed into Robert Plant yesterday as he was leaving his house. We were rolling along quite nicely on the Sunday run and he pulled out of his drive pretty sharpish as he saw us coming (obviosly didnt want to get stuck behind a bunch of cyclists through the lanes

philipbh

Spectral Cyclist
Michael Parkinson - Crystal Palace Athletics Stadium c.1974 - I was asking for his autograph

Malcolm McDonald - branch of M&S - Bedford (He was wearing his Arsenal Track Suit Top at the time - trying to be incognito no doubt)

Cliff Thorburn - St Pancras Station c.1987

Frank Skinner - Cheeky Chappies Comedy Cafe & the Pizza place next door (Newcastle) c. 1991 - he was a mate of a work colleague and we all (wives & girlfriend) had a meal after the gig he was compering

Lionel Blair* - Norwich Hotel (poss Ramada) c. 1992 - he was kindly sharing out his post Theatre buffet to anyone who was drinking late in the hotel bar (Chicken drumstick for me)

John Simpson - Heathrow Terminal 4 c. 2007 - he was in Boots, buying Listerine

In addition was at school with

Martin Bayfield - same year
Al "The Pub Landlord" Murray - year below

*Lionel Blair is TINY!

jethro10

Über Member
Jimmy Saville on a beach in Jersey, St Hellier I think it was. Hows about that then!

Not into football, but All of the team George Best played for in manchester airport about 3-40 years ago. My mothers friend got all the team to sign a white leather handbag. Wish I knew where it was now.

Jeff

Bad Company

Very Old Person
Amy Winehouse - at a hotel in St Lucia
Jeff Hurst
Trevor Brooking - 3 times!
Gerrard Houlier - can't spell this one though.
Terry Venables
Penelope Keith - Temple underground station
Jack Charlton - hotel in Manchester
Jermain Defoe - Bond Street, London
Queen Mother - Regent Street
Alan Curbishley - Restaurant in Epping
Boris Becker - hotel in Monte Carlo
Sean Connery - hotel in Monte Carlo
Roger Moore - hotel in Monte Carlo - Yes 2 James Bonds !!!
Frank Bruno

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
And another, Ronnie Barker - queued behind him in a bakers. Too shy to talk to him, think he bought a sticky bun.

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
Buster Merryfield (Uncle Albert) McDonalds opposite Guy's Hospital early 90s.
Billy Connolly, in a Range Rover at lights in Glasgow years ago.
Bev Bevan, at my step-brother's birthday do in Solihull.
Dave Hill, Wolverhampton, obviously.
The bloke who played Sinbad in Brookside at New St station.
Mohammed al Fayed as i was leaving Harrods, he was going in.
Andrew and Fergie, fishery protection boat in Rosyth dockyard.
Nicholas Anelka, sat in a Bentley in a traffic jam on the M6 in Wednesbury.
Peter Andre at the Eurohub in Birmingham Airport

That must be one of the most rubbish lists so far.......

philipbh

Spectral Cyclist
Recently:

With eyebrows on stun, Bernard Ingham - London Victoria Station

A quiffed up and crepe soled Mark Kermode - London Waterloo Station

Top Bottom