feel bad but it had to be done

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
In my opinion as a first aider at work I would have treated it in much the same way. No way should that be dressed and should only be lightly covered to prevent any additional foreign objects until proper treatment is given at hospital. In the absence of cling film then a baby wipe seems a good substitute

Jayaly

Poor kid. That looks dreadful.

OP
OP
jnrmczip

jnrmczip

It's amazing after something horrible happening you still get half wits wanting to act like a $$holes for no apparent reason. I could understand if I was being a d!ck about it but I generally feel I'm not. If your not happy with my reaction don't comment in a rubbish manner to try get a reaction. Fair enough say what you feel but do it in a way that isn't being a prat

4F

It's amazing after something horrible happening you still get half wits wanting to act like a $$holes for no apparent reason. I could understand if I was being a d!ck about it but I generally feel I'm not. If your not happy with my reaction don't comment in a rubbish manner to try get a reaction. Fair enough say what you feel but do it in a way that isn't being a prat

The correct course of first aid for that wound is to lightly cover to prevent any additional foreign objects until proper treatment is given at hospital. In the absence of cling film then a baby wipe seems a good substitute

No way should that be dressed as otherwise you get bits of dressing stuck to the initial wound which causes a whole load of additional problems

OP
OP
jnrmczip

jnrmczip

You are making assertions about something. What has been pointed out to you by two people on here is that the course of action taken by the people on site was reasonable in the circumstances. The one thing you don't do with burns is stick a bandage on them.

If you don;t like comment on your actions, then don't start a thread about them.

Your are entitled to your opinion but to be honest a couldn't care less on your input. I'm not the only person that feels more could have been done at the time of incident.

OP
OP
jnrmczip

jnrmczip

At the hospital the nurse, doctor and plastic surgen said it should have been covered better. So I will tend to go with what they say

OP
OP
jnrmczip

jnrmczip

In the bigger scale of things it's insignificant the incident shouldn't have happened full stop there is a lot of other factors.

4F

It is a horrible looking injury and I can see why you are upset but the point myself and User are picking up on is the following statement:-

I am however also quite angry at the feeble excuse as to why bayley was left with baby wipes to cover her hand until she arrived at hospital. I do understand what they said about how they don't usually have accidents like this and only see cuts scrapes and bruises. But for first aid trained staff to act in this way and not cover her hand properly is beyond me. And I will be suggesting a refresher course as part of first aid training covers bandages and burns.

As a first aid trained staff I stand by my opinion that they handled the matter correctly,

OP
OP
jnrmczip

jnrmczip

In your opinion. And if you post those opinions on a forum, then you can expect to get questions and challenges.

So if you took your child to a place like this you wouldn't expect them to be safe and would be fine with what had happened? I don't mind being challenged but I would go with what the doctor said.

Paul99

Über Member
In the bigger scale of things it's insignificant the incident shouldn't have happened full stop there is a lot of other factors.
I agree. Your child should probably have been wearing gloves. Whoever was in control of the vehicle (adult in front?) should have been travelling at a speed that was safe given that they were travelling on a gravel surface that is likely to be uneven.

Your child has suffered a nasty injury, and I sincerely hope that they recover quickly, but you are angry and trying to lay full blame at the door of the centre, when there are a lot of other factors.

Accidents happen. When cycling and go-karting they happen reasonably often.

Just my opinion of course and you are free to ignore it as you have the others.

OP
OP
jnrmczip

jnrmczip

It is a horrible looking injury and I can see why you are upset but the point myself and User are picking up on is the following statement:-

As a first aid trained staff I stand by my opinion that they handled the matter correctly,
On the other hand I am first aid trained also and I don't so we can agree to disagree

OP
OP
jnrmczip

jnrmczip

I agree. Your child should probably have been wearing gloves. Whoever was in control of the vehicle (adult in front?) should have been travelling at a speed that was safe given that they were travelling on a gravel surface that is likely to be uneven.

Your child has suffered a nasty injury, and I sincerely hope that they recover quickly, but you are angry and trying to lay full blame at the door of the centre, when there are a lot of other factors.

Accidents happen. When cycling and go-karting they happen reasonably often.

Just my opinion of course and you are free to ignore it as you have the others.

I haven't ignored others comments and I am not laying full blame on the facility either. My better half was doing the correct limit in the kart in fact under it and I'm sure (not huge on going fast) and probably being overtake by other kids if not the person in charge would have noticed this and applied their rules stated on there sign.

OP
OP
jnrmczip

jnrmczip

There is an uneven surface and then there is pot holes which shouldn't be there and should be maintained By the facility especially when there is kids involved

Top Bottom