football ... and girls

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kovu

Über Member
I'm a football fan. I'll admit that, and surprisingly I know a hell of a lot about it and how its played, most of the team news and whose doing what.

Have now discovered that being female and knowing about football impresses quite a few men. I explained the offside rule to one the other day and he looked like he'd been slapped because I knew it well. Had an arguement about rooney the other week and was chuffed to be proved right.

;)

Maz

Guru
Who do you support? I'm a Sheff Utd fan.

OP
OP
Kovu

Kovu

Über Member
I'm a Huddersfield town fan ... but I do like Liverpool in the premiership, but that's just taking a slight interest in them because of a bet I have going. It's there season and all this year ...

simoncc

Kovu said:
I'm a football fan. I'll admit that, and surprisingly I know a hell of a lot about it and how its played, most of the team news and whose doing what.

Have now discovered that being female and knowing about football impresses quite a few men. I explained the offside rule to one the other day and he looked like he'd been slapped because I knew it well. Had an arguement about rooney the other week and was chuffed to be proved right.

;)

My only gripe about football and girls is the £2 I wasted going to watch England v Finland in the 2005 Women's European Championships in Manchester. I was shocked at how low the standard was. I've seen men play worse but only on park pitches where its free to watch. I'm fairly sure my school team, with me as left back, would have beaten both of the women's sides I saw that day.

OP
OP
Kovu

Kovu

Über Member
simoncc said:
My only gripe about football and girls is the £2 I wasted going to watch England v Finland in the 2005 Women's European Championships in Manchester. I was shocked at how low the standard was. I've seen men play worse but only on park pitches where its free to watch. I'm fairly sure my school team, with me as left back, would have beaten both of the women's sides I saw that day.

;) I sadly won't watch women's football because of the standard, not as good as men's football.

Maz

Guru
Kovu said:
I'm a Huddersfield town fan ... but I do like Liverpool in the premiership, but that's just taking a slight interest in them because of a bet I have going. It's there season and all this year ...
We were a bit lucky to beat you earlier in the season (Carling Cup). I went to the McAlpine a few seasons back (they've renamed the stadium to Pharma-summat?) to watch Sheff U.

PaulB

Legendary Member
simoncc said:

And they didn't swap shirts at the end ;)

I remember one time when the USA were women's world cup holders and they were touring Britain and some under 14's boys team had won a competition to play them. The kids won easily and handsomely and it wasn't due to the Americans taking it easy either. When they realised the standards of the lads, they decided it would be a good workout and went for it. They were far from good enough.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Maz said:
(they've renamed the stadium to Pharma-summat?) to watch Sheff U.

Galpharm. Really rolls off the tongue doesn't it?

OP
OP
Kovu

Kovu

Über Member
Maz said:
We were a bit lucky to beat you earlier in the season (Carling Cup). I went to the McAlpine a few seasons back (they've renamed the stadium to Pharma-summat?) to watch Sheff U.

Aye we were 1 in front at half time and then lost it, I went to that game, was very close to the Arsenal game we had as well. We're having an awful season anyways now, got beaten 4-0 on saturday to Posh :laugh:

THe Galpharm it's called anyways ;)

Maz

Guru
Kovu said:
Aye we were 1 in front at half time and then lost it, I went to that game, was very close to the Arsenal game we had as well. We're having an awful season anyways now, got beaten 4-0 on saturday to Posh B)

THe Galpharm it's called anyways ;)
Don't remind me about Arsenal in the Carling Cup...we got thumped 6-0.:laugh:
Rumour has it Ferguson Jr may now be leaving Posh to take over at QPR.

OP
OP
Kovu

Kovu

Über Member
Maz said:
Don't remind me about Arsenal in the Carling Cup...we got thumped 6-0.;)
Rumour has it Ferguson Jr may now be leaving Posh to take over at QPR.

We just had a friendly against thier kids, gave them quite a good match as well. Yeah I have heard that rumor, doubt he would go though, i'm still hoping our manager might actually do the noble thing and leave, but then sadly we have a habit of changing our mangers every season. :laugh:

OP
OP
Kovu

Kovu

Über Member
Rhythm Thief said:
I'm a bloke and I know bugger all about football. Except, oddly, how the offside rule works (I think).:laugh:

That's quite good considering most of the referees don't even understand it. ;)

Top Bottom