football ... and girls

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Kovu said:
I'm a football fan. I'll admit that, and surprisingly I know a hell of a lot about it and how its played, most of the team news and whose doing what.
B)

Kovu said:
I'm a Huddersfield town fan

Isn't that a contradiction :biggrin:

You totally outplayed us in the cup earlier this season tho :laugh: But hopefully you can avoid relegation this season & we will get revenge in the league next season ;)

Paul
(City till I die)

gratts

I always thought you were a guy. Oh my! ;):blush:

OP
OP
Kovu

Kovu

Über Member
Soltydog said:
Isn't that a contradiction :biggrin:

You totally outplayed us in the cup earlier this season tho :laugh: But hopefully you can avoid relegation this season & we will get revenge in the league next season ;)

Paul
(City till I die)

Bradford? Seriously? B) What's wrong with you fella? Only one step below that!

If we keep Stan Ternant then we'll be going down, terrible considering that this was supposed to be the season.

MarkF

Guru
I've never known a woman "into" footie, mores the pity, the current Mrs hates it and it causes much angst in our house.:rolleyes:

I think Stanley is doing a great job, long may it continue;)

Up the City!

OP
OP
Kovu

Kovu

Über Member
MarkF said:
I've never known a woman "into" footie, mores the pity, the current Mrs hates it and it causes much angst in our house.:laugh:

I think Stanley is doing a great job, long may it continue;)

Up the City!

Aye being a Chicken fan you would! :rolleyes:

My mates find it hilarious that i can keep a football converstation going. This man who was a Aston Villa fan got annoyed because I was saying all these facts about how they can never achieve brillance and how they were at the top for a few weeks and he couldn't say anything back because he was gobsmacked that I knew so much.

Willow

Another woman into it here. My brother went into professional football (for a short while) and spent his youth on the football pitch rather than in school. Consequently I was brought up with it. It was me who encouraged my two boys to play rather than my ex. Last week I was kicking the ball around with eldest son (he's a goalie) before his match and the coach came over and said was I interested in helping out the club - he happened to see a rather good shot I vollied trouble was I can't really play and the next shot was totally fluffed!

Why does the offside rule confuse so many people I seem to be explaining it most weeks to some parent or another.

OP
OP
Kovu

Kovu

Über Member
Willow said:
Why does the offside rule confuse so many people I seem to be explaining it most weeks to some parent or another.

Nice Willow.

Yeah think it's basically that there is so many different variations that people get confused.

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
Kovu said:
I'm a Huddersfield town fan ... but I do like Liverpool in the premiership, but that's just taking a slight interest in them because of a bet I have going. It's there season and all this year ...

I have a tenner on Liverpool to win the Premiership this season.

That's usually the kiss of death for any team when I put bets on them. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Kovu

Kovu

Über Member
cookiemonster said:
I have a tenner on Liverpool to win the Premiership this season.

That's usually the kiss of death for any team when I put bets on them. :laugh:

I have a guy mate who is an Arsenal fan, was basically me who got me into it, practically forced me to be interested.

My bets are with them, beating Chelsea on Sunday is a good indication of where they might be. But then Torres has injured himself, and Keane is useless in thier lone striker formation. :rolleyes:

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
Willow said:
Another woman into it here. My brother went into professional football (for a short while) and spent his youth on the football pitch rather than in school. Consequently I was brought up with it. It was me who encouraged my two boys to play rather than my ex. Last week I was kicking the ball around with eldest son (he's a goalie) before his match and the coach came over and said was I interested in helping out the club - he happened to see a rather good shot I vollied trouble was I can't really play and the next shot was totally fluffed!

It confuses a fair few linesmen as well judging by some of the decisions I saw at the weekend at Premiership as well as European games. The Linesman at the Real Madrid v Athletico Bilbao game was shocking.

OP
OP
Kovu

Kovu

Über Member
cookiemonster said:
[/b][/color]

It confuses a fair few linesmen as well judging by some of the decisions I saw at the weekend at Premiership as well as European games. The Linesman at the Real Madrid v Athletico Bilbao game was shocking.

It's because some say it is when the ball is recieved, others when it is played and there's still the whole 'daylight' myth in it as well. They get it wrong so often its laughable.

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
Kovu said:
I have a guy mate who is an Arsenal fan, was basically me who got me into it, practically forced me to be interested.

My bets are with them, beating Chelsea on Sunday is a good indication of where they might be. But then Torres has injured himself, and Keane is useless in thier lone striker formation. :laugh:

When I lived near the Emirates stadium, before heading back over Hadrians Wall, my flatmate was an Arsenal season ticket holder and occasionaly he couldn't get to the games because of work so I got his ticket to go.

Very impressive stadium the Emirates is.

Far nicer than Pittodrie.:rolleyes:

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
Kovu said:
It's because some say it is when the ball is recieved, others when it is played and there's still the whole 'daylight' myth in it as well. They get it wrong so often its laughable.

If you saw the amazing goal that Madrid had chopped off because of the linesman you would say something like ' my blind granny would've seen that was way onside' or something like that.

It was that bad a decision.

simoncc

OP
OP
Kovu

Kovu

Über Member
cookiemonster said:
When I lived near the Emirates stadium, before heading back over Hadrians Wall, my flatmate was an Arsenal season ticket holder and occasionaly he couldn't get to the games because of work so I got his ticket to go.

Very impressive stadium the Emirates is.

Far nicer than Pittodrie.:rolleyes:

Hmmm my mate says the stadium is perfect in every way. He literally breathes Arsenal though. Bunch of Kids.
Mind you I support proper football in little L1, not the diving form of the top notch premier league!

Top Bottom