football ... and girls

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Kovu

Kovu

Über Member
Sittingduck said:
Well... quite :rolleyes:

We threw the game so we could concentrate on the league. Look what good it did us :laugh:

Threw the game?!
Mind you we had the same ideas "the cup isn't our aim this season ... we want to concerntrate on the league." But we hardly did brilliant last season, doing just as bad this season as well and we got beat out of the micky mouse cup by Darlington.

Aye was a very good game though, just remember your website saying that "you will reward the fans with an easy win at Huddersfield." I laughed so much afterwards. :smile:

OP
OP
Kovu

Kovu

Über Member
Fab Foodie said:
Excellent, thanks! What's not to understand?

Well basically alot of linemen do it as when the ball is recieved (because an attacked could play the ball, the other attack recieve it after he has gone past the last line of defense) and there are many arguements about the possible number of players and the exact postion. It's always going to be one of those dodgy rules I reckon.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Kovu said:
Threw the game?!
Mind you we had the same ideas "the cup isn't our aim this season ... we want to concerntrate on the league." But we hardly did brilliant last season, doing just as bad this season as well and we got beat out of the micky mouse cup by Darlington.

Aye was a very good game though, just remember your website saying that "you will reward the fans with an easy win at Huddersfield." I laughed so much afterwards. :laugh:

Looks like I'd better quite while I'm behind :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Kovu

Kovu

Über Member
Sittingduck said:
Lol. I was about to post a link to the Championship table here kovu... then when I looked I realised that you're not in it!

Duck 1 - Kovu 0 :rolleyes:

No man, but at least we are going up to that league ... where as you came crashing down to it. :laugh: Birmingham score against huddersfield last season? I don't think I need to say anymore! :smile:

OP
OP
Kovu

Kovu

Über Member
Sittingduck said:
Nice result vs Peterborough @ the weekend Kovu?

Posh are a good side!
Well you see it was a game of two halves, the manager said he'd be happy to be eating christmas lunch with his family and not watching his team play as manager ... I don't think it's really possible to defend town's abysmal performace in the league this season, one postive, least we aren't yet bottom.

You aren't having a bad season, so I'm not going to sink too low! But even Hull have done better then you now! ;)

OP
OP
Kovu

Kovu

Über Member
Sittingduck said:
I can't really defend our manager this season. We swap manager every season anyway, if they don't do even remotly good they are out unfortuantly.

Willow

simoncc said:
The offside rule used to be clear enough but now it isn't. Anyone claiming to be clear about it now is not right in the head. Here's a typical example of the current mess.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/ever...o-sort-the-offside-confusion-100252-20431184/

With the clear space and interfering with play complications offside is now just a guessing game.

There is a difference in understanding the rule though and making the correct decision. Most fans are think they are right even when they are wrong. All refs are right even when they are wrong that being the nature of the job!

OP
OP
Kovu

Kovu

Über Member
Willow said:
There is a difference in understanding the rule though and making the correct decision. Most fans are think they are right even when they are wrong. All refs are right even when they are wrong that being the nature of the job!

The Ref's say is final and all that so he is right, but doesn't mean he isn't wrong about the offside decsion.

Tetedelacourse

Oi Kovu. You have explained the offside rule from about 5 years ago. As Simon said, your understanding is nor correct ;) Since you wished me a happy birthday a while back though, it's only a yellow for you this time. Keep it up and you'll get your marching orders! :biggrin:

As a ref once said to Craig Burley (allegedly), keep that up and you'll be putting your teeth back in early!;)

Couple of hints: Interfering with play. Active. Inactive. Backwards pass. ;)

OP
OP
Kovu

Kovu

Über Member
Tetedelacourse said:
Oi Kovu. You have explained the offside rule from about 5 years ago. As Simon said, your understanding is nor correct :biggrin: Since you wished me a happy birthday a while back though, it's only a yellow for you this time. Keep it up and you'll get your marching orders! :biggrin:

As a ref once said to Craig Burley (allegedly), keep that up and you'll be putting your teeth back in early!;)

Couple of hints: Interfering with play. Active. Inactive. Backwards pass. ;)

I thought I did wish you happy birthday? We'll deal with that first and then we'll deal with the other stuff. I swear I wished you happy birthday?! ;)

And yeah I know, the offside Rule is so complicated because if your not interfering with play then its not offside, it's not offside if he interfers with opponents, or if he is level with the last second guy, or if he recieves it from a goal kick or from a corner, or a throw in. So yeah i know there are so many ins and outs of the offside rule that it is impossible to completly understand it, but of course in theory i do.

Top Bottom