football ... and girls

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
I am not a footy fan at all, but a mate is a Kingston-Upon-Hull City FC fan, So I keep a bit a on eye on the premiership league championship contest, to humour him in the pub. It does make me smile to see Kingston-Upon-Hull City FC ABSOLUTELY trouncing the millionaires. Hopefully their boards of directors will see the folly of their ways, and reign in the stupid pay checks, or go and invest their dough in a winning side, Kingston-Upon-Hull City FC.

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
I saw Hull play WBA at the weekend.

Just amazing. They just ground WBA down and took advantage and the way the team play as a team and not as individuals as some 'superstars' play is refreshing to see in the Premiership IMHO.

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
Kovu said:
It's because some say it is when the ball is recieved, others when it is played and there's still the whole 'daylight' myth in it as well. They get it wrong so often its laughable.

AFAIA, it's when the ball is played.

OP
OP
Kovu

Kovu

Über Member
cookiemonster said:
I saw Hull play WBA at the weekend.

Just amazing. They just ground WBA down and took advantage and the way the team play as a team and not as individuals as some 'superstars' play is refreshing to see in the Premiership IMHO.

And yes Hull have done amazing, can't believe thier luck. Still remember the days when Huddersfield was playing them in Division three. Those were the days .... :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Kovu

Kovu

Über Member
Fab Foodie said:
Kovu
Please explain the off-side rule for us non-footie fans, then I'll know what people are talking about!

Ok I will show my knowledge. It's when an attacking player is played the ball, and he doesn't have two defending players (one being the goalie usually) in front of him from the other team (he is behind the last line of defense).

But it is only when he is played the ball, he can just dribble round them if he's good enough.

Explain it? :rolleyes:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
For about 5 yrs or so I played 5 a side in London, outdoor pitch, middle-aged guys, mostly... n the next pitch was some women's team (I think connected to either Crystal Palace or Charlton... SE London, anyways... they were really really good, and though we never played them, they could have knocked spots off us....
(and then had a shower afterwards dribble dribble fnaar wafts off into reverie):rolleyes:

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Kovu said:
Aye being a Chicken fan you would! :laugh:

My mates find it hilarious that i can keep a football converstation going. This man who was a Aston Villa fan got annoyed because I was saying all these facts about how they can never achieve brillance and how they were at the top for a few weeks and he couldn't say anything back because he was gobsmacked that I knew so much.

To be fair, Villa fans are generally clueless.
Incase you was wondering, yes I AM a Birmingham City fan!:rolleyes:

Keep right on...

OP
OP
Kovu

Kovu

Über Member
Sittingduck said:
To be fair, Villa fans are generally clueless.
Incase you was wondering, yes I AM a Birmingham City fan!:rolleyes:

Keep right on...

A Brummie fan! Man I remember beating you guys last season and having you crash out of the cup. I was there for that match at the Pharm, one of the best matches I have been to. 2-1 to us, was a great night. :laugh:;)

OP
OP
Kovu

Kovu

Über Member
simoncc said:
No you don't. Nobody does. That's the problem with offside at the moment.

I know it on paper and in theory, but I admit it is hard to put it in to practise and no doubt I would make the bad call.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Kovu said:
A Brummie fan! Man I remember beating you guys last season and having you crash out of the cup. I was there for that match at the Pharm, one of the best matches I have been to. 2-1 to us, was a great night. :smile:;)

Well... quite :rolleyes:

We threw the game so we could concentrate on the league. Look what good it did us :laugh:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Kovu said:
Ok I will show my knowledge. It's when an attacking player is played the ball, and he doesn't have two defending players (one being the goalie usually) in front of him from the other team (he is behind the last line of defense).

But it is only when he is played the ball, he can just dribble round them if he's good enough.

Explain it? :rolleyes:

Excellent, thanks! What's not to understand?

Top Bottom