Forum ride - Central Scotland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
magnatom said:
As I mentioned before, I won't be bringing the camera, unless it is guaranteed to be dry... hmmmm... so I loose my authority on these issues without my CAMERA OF POWER...... ahem! :blush:

Holy DogCamSport, Dayvo !! It's....

Captain Cameraman !!!

Captain-Cameraman-web.jpg

You've got to send me a copy of that picture goo! :evil::biggrin:

jassy-x

Hi guys....looks like I will probably have to pass on this weekends ride:sad:.....apart from having the works xmas night out to endure, I have also been down with man-flu for the last week and a half, so I don't expect to be in the best of shape come Sunday morning....if I do manage some sort of recovery I may be able to meet you all somewhere on the route, I still have Tete'e moby number from last time......
.....have a good one lads and I'll definately be there for the next one...:tongue:

OP
OP
Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse

:smile: eek, these drop-outs make me feel like my own is all the worse.

Got home last night and discovered Mrs T is choked with the cold. I finish work today and am coming down with it too so I'm likely going to be a no-show on Sunday as well:sad:

Hope it's dry and reasonable weather for you all, sorry to chicken-out.:tongue:

Pathetic I know but have a good ride and have a good festive period.

Yer aw just big jessies! (ok just Tete is!):laugh:

OK. Looking at Metcheck today it is suggesting average winds of about 30mph. Is this the sort of wind we should be cycling in in that area?

I'm up for it still, but if the wind is going to make it dangerous and downright miserable it might be better to call it off. What do people think who know the area?

I'd be disapointed if we had to cancel as I gave the bike a wee service and even bought some undergloves especially for the occasion, but if it is too dangerous...

colcazal

Hi,

My gut feeling is that it will be to miserable! Riding in a group will shelter some riders from the wind but it could turn out to be dangerous! Not happy bout it but if the forecast is anywhere near what it is saying I think it should be put off! Mon and Tues looks nice. Typical!!

As I said not happy if it is cancelled as I have the bike out the hut cleaned and ready to go! But I don't want the day ruined!

Cheers,

Col

I would probably commute in winds of that speed, but that is only about 5 miles and it is sheltered. I don't actually know this route, but I think it is pretty exposed, so the winds could be a big problem. What do those who have cycled it before think?

It was miserable last time out aswell; I went along with the premise that if it was too bad we'd just have a big cafe stop, it wasn't.

gavintc

Guru
I was keeping my powder dry on this one until I had been out on the bike tomorrow. I have been on the turbo this week and have avoided the wet weather. The wind looks awful at 30 mph from the west with reasonable temps but a bit of rain. I generally dislike strong wind and find it at best uncomfortable. In sum, i have not yet made a decision, but I am leaning toward cancelling.

OP
OP
Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse

Hah! And Gavin's hard as nails too! :biggrin:

The route is exposed on the North-South leg, which means crosswinds if the forecast is right. IIRC it's fairly sheltered in the first part, out of Stirling and up to Callander, when you would be heading into the wind. You'd get blown back pretty much all the way from Fintry though.

Maybe next time we should all meet in a garage and turbo it! Or even better, a spin class lol!

alp1950

Hi guys. Been sleeping & forgot this run was coming up. Won't make Sunday but if the run is rescheduled would be up for it.

QuickDraw

It's bad enough that the weather is so bad in this country that sometimes we have to change our plans but I have no faith in the weather forecasters beyond the next few hours I vote we leave it till the last possible moment to decide if it's too windy or not. If that means we're 5 miles out of Stirling before we decide then that's fine by me. Head back to Stirling and find a cafe. I'm a much better cyclist in the cafe than on the road anyway.

colcazal

Hi Guys,

Sorry to say that I am OUT for tomorrow. The demon drink has got a hold of me. well, it is chrimbo!!!

I all can say is bring on the red wine and headache!

I will keep a look out for further rides. Hope all goes well!

Cheers,

Col the lightweight

Top Bottom