Forum ride - Central Scotland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
HLaB said:
Yeah it was a good day, thanks for the company and it was a lot better weather wise than the last time. I liked the bit at the start when I thought we'd just take a nice quiet road instead of the A9, then a big black Lamborghini came roaring by.

It was even better when we overtook it. ;)

(Ok it had parked!)

OP
OP
Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse

God Rest ye Merry Gentlemen. Well done fellas, Mag ending myself at that write-up, good work. Next time I think a few deep fried mars bars injected into the bloodstream of these whippets should even things up a bit.

I ended up replacing broken taps in my house and listening to Saviours Day on repeat. Don't try and tell me I'm not hard after that day.

Next time... Have a great xmas all.

OP
OP
Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse

ps Goo, you left your baffies here when you popped over for a hot cocoa (with mallows, natch) and a round of Rocky Rocky Road, a rocky road-um. Shall I pop them in the post or can it wait until Choir practice?

gavintc

Guru
We missed you tete. Next time....

It might even be sunny and and have no wind and the hills might a little bit flatter.... yeah right this is Scotland.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Tetedelacourse said:
ps Goo, you left your baffies here when you popped over for a hot cocoa (with mallows, natch) and a round of Rocky Rocky Road, a rocky road-um. Shall I pop them in the post or can it wait until Choir practice?

Keep them there until I come round for more Rocky Rocky Road :becool:

(I'm going to regret my Xmas pig-out as I've done nothing but graze and eat crap for well over a week now, without ever being out on the bike. My first week of commuting in 2009 is going to be a shock to the system. :biggrin: )

Well done Maggers - maybe we'll need to start a group ride for the non-triathlon / non-club-riders amongst us so we don't feel quite so old and decrepit against these lithe young supermen :biggrin:

A bit stiff this morning, but not too bad. Just tight hamstrings (why hamstrings and not my quads!). A slightly slower cycle in, but not too bad. Although the weather yesterday wasn't toooo bad, it did take me an hour, once I got in, to start to feel my left foot again. :biggrin:

On yesterdays cycle we passed fairly close to the Crow Road (not the one I cycle down on the way to work!). Blimey that looks like a really nasty hill. I think I'll be leaving that one for the more experienced riders if we ever head over that way again. :becool:

jassy-x

hey Mags. I think I found the calories that you lost.!!!!!.......I was thinking about you all and feeling really guilty as I sat in Morrison's cafe wolfing down a bumper scottish breakfast..followed by a 'hair of the dog' or two down the local...xx(..
.....would never have managed yesterday's ride...back on the bike this morning for the first time in two weeks following the 'man-flu' and struggled a bit..:biggrin:......well done lad's, I promise not to woose out of the next one..:ohmy:

magnatom said:
Hey, I've just had a look at this http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=2284806 which I think was our route. I turned on on the calorie counter and put in my weight. About 6400 calories! I think it is time to have a bun! :ohmy:
Don't eat that bun yet, we cut out part of the A9 by going via the B823, Corton Road (the road with the Lamborgini). I just had a look at bikely it shows at 79.1km (49ish miles, Station to Station) and 'show/ elevation profile' shows it was fairly flat (around the 32km mark); in fact have 2 or 3 buns :biggrin:

If I had seen that elevation before the cycle, and knowing the weather, I might have chickened out! ;)

I think I'll print this and hang it on my wall! :blush:

QuickDraw

Sorry for the delay. I've spent most of the last fortnight nursing the flu that will not die. I managed to cycle in to work the day after our ride but since then I've still not been back on the bike.

Anyway, thanks for the day out guys. I thoroughly enjoyed it, despite the wind. It's defintiely inspired me to think seriously about entering the Etape Caledonia or something like that.

I'd just like to set the record straight though, the way Magnatom tells it it sounds there were 3 fast cyclists there including a champion triathlete and him bringing up the rear. Unfortunately it wasn't like that. I was hanging off the back for most of the ride and once Magnatom gets his new bike I'll be the one left behind. Thanks to Gavin and HLAB for their infinite patience in waiting for the back markers.

If I ever get over this flu I'll be up for the next one.

gavintc

Guru
QuickDraw said:
Sorry for the delay. I've spent most of the last fortnight nursing the flu that will not die. I managed to cycle in to work the day after our ride but since then I've still not been back on the bike.

Anyway, thanks for the day out guys. I thoroughly enjoyed it, despite the wind. It's defintiely inspired me to think seriously about entering the Etape Caledonia or something like that.

I'd just like to set the record straight though, the way Magnatom tells it it sounds there were 3 fast cyclists there including a champion triathlete and him bringing up the rear. Unfortunately it wasn't like that. I was hanging off the back for most of the ride and once Magnatom gets his new bike I'll be the one left behind. Thanks to Gavin and HLAB for their infinite patience in waiting for the back markers.

If I ever get over this flu I'll be up for the next one.

It was great seeing you Quickdraw, looking forward to the next one. Indeed, when I saw the thread pop up, I though it was a proposal for a repeat. Perhaps in Feb?

My wife is also suffering from the dreaded flu and has spent 2009 in bed. She hit the bed on 1 Jan in the afternoon and has made only a few attempts at life in a vertical position. This strain does seem to be a strong one. Thankfully, my office required that I get the flu jab back in Oct - so 'touch wood' I will be immune.

Top Bottom