Forum ride - Central Scotland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

gavintc said:
...we make it easy for all to return to home.

Central-belt-centric alert! ;)

What that should read is "makes it easy for all who live on or near a railway line to return home"...and "that far north"???? You mean south surely...:biggrin:

OP
OP
Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse

Noodley said:
OK, here's what needs to be sorted out.

First of all;
A date.

Then;
A route.

Then;
A list of those attending.

This is a good way to plan it (i.e. to make it possible for me to come!).

I could do a Sunday in mid to end October or the first one in November. To be honest I think we should be aiming to get a ride (or two:o)) in this year - you've all seen the summer weather, it doesn't get THAT much worse, just a bit nippier and even then just a bit colder and EVEN THEN not until December.:biggrin:

19th, 26th, 2nd, 9th.

Once we have a date then we'll know if enough of us can attend and can then choose a route to suit who is coming. Is that reasonable?

Just a suggestion, but if you set up a doodle it might be the easiest way to see what dates suit everyone. I haven't set one up myself, but I've seen them work well.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Tetedelacourse said:
19th Oct has it so far. How does that suit the rest of you?

I might be interested :becool: never done any long distance rides ever :rofl: Hmm is this doable on a fixed wheel ? Or am I gonna be puking and writhing in agony ?

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
19th Oct should be OK for me (as it stands).

Just don't make the route a killer :rofl:

OP
OP
Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse

Nice one Mr Grumpy!

Route yet to be decided and agreed by us all so it will suit whoever turns up, but be challenging enough to make it worthwhile i.e. it wont be round Asda car park and back.

AFAIC half the point is to do a ride and the other half is to meet up with forummers. The stronger riders can clear off up the road if they like but that kind of defeats the purpose of meeting, from a Tete's POV.

Positivity!

Noodley

Okay, looks like 19 October could be the first date we meet.

Now we need a start point, possibly central to those attending.

Suggestions on a postcard...bearing in mind we prefer a not too hilly route.

gavintc

Guru
Will chat this through with my wife. I note my diary looks good for that date as my work trip to Cyprus has just been cancelled (poo I was looking forward to it).

Noodley said:

Suggestions on a postcard...bearing in mind we prefer a not too hilly route.

I know an eventful course that runs from Anniesland to the Southern General Hospital and back. It's got hills, wildlife :laugh: and if you count graffiti in the Clyde Tunnel, plent of interesting scenery!:laugh:

(oh and I'd get my wife to cook some buns as well....:biggrin:)

jassy-x

Noodley said:

.....I should be OK for the 19th.....

Noodley said:

....I take it that would be somewhere central to Glasgow, Edinburgh & Fife.........How about ootside ma hoose ?????;)

.....Stirling was suggested earlier.....how would that suit most peeps for starters...?????

...provided my wife's not using the car....anywhere really for me..

Top Bottom