Forum ride: Crediton to Dartmoor. Saturday, 18th February, 2023

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Yes, it was a very nice day out, the coincidentally-lovely @Fab Foodie, and thanks for treating us to lunch (and me to an extra drink at the Beer Engine)! I am pleased that you enjoyed your 'birthday' ride.

I like the route and will tackle it again on a future visit.

I thought that I had taken 2 photos but apparently it was just the one...

Ian and Kevin with lumpy Devon background .jpg

I will start a thread in April for another Devon forum ride, probably taking place in the second half of May. I haven't sorted out the dates for my next visit but I try to average at least one per season so it will be around then.

I hope we can get together again for that and will be joined by a few more riders.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Yes, it was a very nice day out, the coincidentally-lovely @Fab Foodie, and thanks for treating us to lunch (and me to an extra drink at the Beer Engine)! I am pleased that you enjoyed your 'birthday' ride.

I like the route and will tackle it again on a future visit.

I thought that I had taken 2 photos but apparently it was just the one...

View attachment 678522

I will start a thread in April for another Devon forum ride, probably taking place in the second half of May. I haven't sorted out the dates for my next visit but I try to average at least one per season so it will be around then.

I hope we can get together again for that and will be joined by a few more riders.

And I thought black was meant to be 'slimming'....

Fab Foodie

Yellow wasn't much better... :whistle:

View attachment 678527

(Taken on a forum ride before I got ill and gave up fattening booze!)

OMG - hard to imagine!
That was a proper aerobelly :-)

Fab Foodie

Not forgetting a chance meeting with Chuffy, late of this forum.
That was a splendid day out. Very nice to meet you both. I got home just in time for a quick shower and out again for the Wheelers' do.

Meeting Chuffy was indeed an unexpected bonus, a name from all the way back to the C+ forum days. Hope you had a good evening!

newts

Veteran
Glad to see that you had a good day. We could see the Whitestone BT mast on the horizon from Killerton, so knew weather conditions weren't too bad for you across the ridge.
How was the food at the Anchor?

Fab Foodie

Glad to see that you had a good day. We could see the Whitestone BT mast on the horizon from Killerton, so knew weather conditions weren't too bad for you across the ridge.
How was the food at the Anchor?

Food was pretty fair thanks. Ian says the food is better at the Ship, but alas not the view. Am sure will have the chance to try it another day....

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Food was pretty fair thanks. Ian says the food is better at the Ship, but alas not the view. Am sure will have the chance to try it another day....
Ah no, I didn't actually say that - I haven't visited the Ship. I was told it was a 'better pub', but by a man who you might trust for advice on beer, but not food.

Top Bottom