Forum ride from Hebden Bridge, Sat 22nd Oct 2022, 52 km (33 miles)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jameshow

Veteran
Great!

I will bring the Rolls saddle for you and @colly to rock/paper/scissors over!

Is anybody interested in a very skinny saddle (another Selle San Marco, but I don't know what type)? It is lightweight and narrow, no cutout, and would no doubt be comfortable for the right person, but it is too narrow for my sit bones.

I replaced the freehub on my bike ready for this ride. It should be fine but I am going to nip out for a quick test today to make sure.

He can have it I already have one! My favourite saddle!

GuyBoden

Guru
As for the ride... Meet in St George's Square, Hebden Bridge at around 10:20 with a view to setting off at 10:30. (The square is a small pedestrianised area which has a coffee/snacks shop on the corner plus at least one cafe with a customer toilet.)

Do you all carry smartphones with mobile internet access? If so, then post below on Saturday if there is a problem getting to the start.

If anybody will not have mobile internet access, we can exchange numbers before the ride.

If you don't have a phone and turn up half an hour late... Chase us to Craggies! :laugh:
Where are we meeting? Train station 10.30???

St George's Square, was mentioned by Colin, meet at around 10:20am.:okay:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I replaced the freehub on my bike ready for this ride. It should be fine but I am going to nip out for a quick test today to make sure.
The bike felt great on the test ride! The only thing wrong with it was a squealing from the brakes on a descent, so I scrubbed the rims when I got home. I cleaned the rest of the bike while I was at it. It isn't 100% immaculate now, but it is about as clean and mechanically perfect as it has been since I got it 20-odd years ago. :smile:

If nobody asks for the skinny saddle, I won't bother bringing it... :whistle:

See you all in the morning.

Jameshow

Veteran
The bike felt great on the test ride! The only thing wrong with it was a squealing from the brakes on a descent, so I scrubbed the rims when I got home. I cleaned the rest of the bike while I was at it. It isn't 100% immaculate now, but it is about as clean and mechanically perfect as it has been since I got it 20-odd years ago. :smile:

If nobody asks for the skinny saddle, I won't bother bringing it... :whistle:

See you all in the morning.

I need to go and clean my bike!
Cannot be seen with a dirty bike!!

Jameshow

Veteran
Did you take them off and forget? :whistle:

I've found my Brookes is a bit firm for shorter rides!!

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Btw my choice is carbon lmao!!
My bike was pretty light by early-2000s standards - about 8.7 kg (19 pounds). Nowt special by modern standards though.

A friend of mine has recently bought a Specialized Tarmac frame/fork on eBay, to use on his new bike build. He handed it to me and I couldn't believe how light it is. I reckon the frame and fork together couldn't have been much over 1 kg! He is aiming for a total bike weight about 2 kg less than mine.

Final rider list (though feel free to join us at short notice!):
  • ColinJ
  • colly
  • GuyBoden
  • Vantage
  • Jameshow
  • Julia9054 + Al

My bike was pretty light by early-2000s standards - about 8.7 kg (19 pounds). Nowt special by modern standards though.

A friend of mine has recently bought a Specialized Tarmac frame/fork on eBay, to use on his new bike build. He handed it to me and I couldn't believe how light it is. I reckon the frame and fork together couldn't have been much over 1 kg! He is aiming for a total bike weight about 2 kg less than mine.

Final rider list (though feel free to join us at short notice!):
  • ColinJ
  • colly
  • GuyBoden
  • Vantage
  • Jameshow
  • Julia9054 + Al

Have a great ride folks. I would love to have joined you but I'm 200 miles away visiting son, daughter in law and grandson and not returning until tomorrow afternoon.

Top Bottom