Forum ride from Hebden Bridge, Sat 22nd Oct 2022, 52 km (33 miles)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Just seen this - not been about much.
Think I'll turn up, may even bring the youngest lad.... If I can prize him out of his pit.
Excellent - See you in the morning then!

Have a great ride folks. I would love to have joined you but I'm 200 miles away visiting son, daughter in law and grandson and not returning until tomorrow afternoon.
Pity that you couldn't make it, Brian.

I am toying with the idea of doing my Trawden route in a few weeks time if the weather is good enough for it. Have a think about whether your e-MTB could get you round on one charge. It would be around the same distance and hilliness. I think you would have to catch the train to and from Hebden Bridge to eke the power out. (It would have to be the e-MTB to cope with the steepness of the climbs.)

Excellent - See you in the morning then!

Pity that you couldn't make it, Brian.

I am toying with the idea of doing my Trawden route in a few weeks time if the weather is good enough for it. Have a think about whether your e-MTB could get you round on one charge. It would be around the same distance and hilliness. I think you would have to catch the train to and from Hebden Bridge to eke the power out. (It would have to be the e-MTB to cope with the steepness of the climbs.)

That sounds a good ride, Colin. I reckon the battery on my e mtb should be able to cope with that using the train to get to and back from Hebden Bridge 👍

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Yo!

A very weird night's sleep, including wacky dreams, and waking up every 30 minutes to check that I had set 2 alarms!

I don't feel hungry but it would make sense to eat breakfast since the cafe is late in the ride.

See you soon... :hello:

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Running a tad late. On my way may just make it in time

GuyBoden

Guru
Fantastic day out, great weather, superb views and a few steep hills.

Including an added extra bonus detour into Sowerby bridge at the end for the lucky few.:laugh:

What more can you ask from a great day out.^_^

Big thanks for @ColinJ for organising the grand day out and a superb route.

Looking forward to the next Calderdale ride.

Thanks everyone for the good company.:okay:

FrothNinja

Veteran
Gutted - only just seen this 😢
Managed a bit over 40km on my tod - did see a bunch of riders lounging at the south end of the Foulridge tunnel

colly

Re member eR
Hello playmates !

So, another good day out courtesy of the inestimable @ColinJ . Thanks again Colin for herding the sheep and sorting out another ride.:okay:
Apologies for arriving late. My fault for expecting a fairly clear run through from Leeds. Saturday morning shopping must be a 'thing' in West Yorkshire. Not quite, but almost, nose to tail traffic from start to finish.
So once underway, being a Colin ride, it was immediately up. 600ft of up, which was a nice little opener of a day of ups and downs.

Colin can give you the full details.^_^

It was good to meet up again with @Kestevan, @Julia9054 and Al and very nice to meet some fresh faces. @Vantage and his gravity well of an electric bike, @GuyBoden who shared an unintended detour with me, and @Jameshow who sadly had to split for home for family reasons.

I'm hoping I'll see you all again in the not to distant.

A good ride of about 38 miles for me with an uphill total of 4250ft. Good ride. Good company.

I took a few pics on my phone and when I've downloaded them I'll up load them here. Right now I have something far more important to do.

Starts with a 'Z' and ends that way too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom