England : West Yorkshire Forum ride: Hebden Bridge to Wharfedale, bank holiday Monday (May 26th)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
I'm bowing out too, not anywhere near ready unfortunately, have a good ride.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Sadly i will have to bow out of this one , but am looking forward to the June ride.
Ok then, June it is! :hello:
I'm bowing out too, not anywhere near ready unfortunately, have a good ride.
Ah, you need a more gentle build-up to the June ride ...! :whistle:

Provisional rider list:
  • ColinJ + pal Carrie
  • Steve H
  • Martin Archer (+ 2 mates?)
  • Alun
  • Littgull
  • kiwi-Sal

I am looking forward to this ride. I am getting fitter week by week so the hills are no longer half killing me.

I have family visits organised later in the month with over 360 miles of cycling planned over 8 days. If that lot goes according to plan then I should be really up for the Bowland ride in June!

Svendo

Guru
Hi there, I have this day off and I'm hoping to join you, at least part of the way. I'm thinking of catching you up around Elslack/Gargrave. Have you got a link to a GPX to save me plotting the roue myself? No sweat of you haven't.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Hi there, I have this day off and I'm hoping to join you, at least part of the way. I'm thinking of catching you up around Elslack/Gargrave. Have you got a link to a GPX to save me plotting the roue myself? No sweat of you haven't.
That would be good! I have attached my GPX file for you.

Attachments

• SITD reloaded.gpx
    38.8 KB · Views: 84

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Neither am I. But still going. This ride is pretty tough, but definitely makes the legs stronger!
You better be ready - in 6 weeks you've got a much longer, harder ride to look forward to = best get some miles in now :smile:

Just found out my usual Saturday schedule has been cleared, and Mrs Kes has given me a day pass for this one.... so if you've got space for one more, I'll be coming out to play. :smile:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Just found out my usual Saturday schedule has been cleared, and Mrs Kes has given me a day pass for this one.... so if you've got space for one more, I'll be coming out to play. :smile:
Yay! :welcome:

The weather forecast is currently disappointing but not actually terrible. Fingers crossed that it improves ...

Provisional rider list:
  • ColinJ + pal Carrie + pal Bill (subject to ok weather)
  • Steve H
  • Martin Archer (+ 2 mates?)
  • Alun
  • Littgull
  • kiwi-Sal
  • Svendo (will catch us up en route)
  • Kestevan

Steve H

Large Member
You better be ready - in 6 weeks you've got a much longer, harder ride to look forward to = best get some miles in now :smile:

Yup. Think I need an electric bike"

Went out on Tuesday evening despite having a dry cough and lungs feeling like they are going to explode! Had this cold type infection for a week and my glands up in neck. Not snivelling though its just sore lungs, ear aches and glands and breathlessness.
Wanted to go out tonight to see how I'm doing but its chucking it down. Will make decision tomorrow as how I'm feeling...... So hopefully with a good sleep tonight and loads of fresh fruit....veg....vitamins....hot toddies...will feel better enough to ride.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I have just looked at the forecast for Saturday for Hebden Bridge, Keighley and Burnsall and it is completely GRIM! Not just a chilly wnd and showers, but heavy rain all day, and even thunderstorms when we would be coming back over Cock Hill into a stiff headwind. I have seen lightning bolts zapping that hillside and I don't want to be up there when that is going on!

I am postponing the ride until we get better weather for it. I don't want to let you all down, but I know my body wouldn't take kindly to being cold and wet for 7 or 8 hours.

NEW DATE: Saturday, 24th OR 31st May. (I am busy the weekend of the 17th/18th.)

Last edited:
A wise decision to postpone the ride, Colin, in view of the appalling weather forecast. It's no enjoyment cycling in relentless rain with strong winds as well!

Unfortunately, due to family commitments, I'm unable to make the revised date of the 24th May but still very much looking forward to Bowland Revisited on 7th June.

Thanks for making the decision as soon as the forecast became more firmly known - much appreciated.

See you all on the 7th June.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

It's a bit close to the Bowland ride, but if there was interest in doing this one on the 31st of May instead, I am also free that day.

Let me know if any of you want to do it on the 24th or on the 31st, and I will do one date, or the other, or even both (subject to reasonable weather)!

Top Bottom