England : West Yorkshire Forum ride: Hebden Bridge to Wharfedale, bank holiday Monday (May 26th)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
yeah go on then im in.
Very good!

Either 08:45 in Hebden Bridge (for 09:00 start) or 09:45 at Oxenhope station - let me know which you intend to do.

Steve H

Large Member
Roll up, roll up. Monday is going to be the best weather of this long weekend, and a trip into the Yorkshire Dales is going to be gorgeous. Put down your excuses, phone in sick, it's going to be one to remember. You don't want to miss out!

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Yes ... We have carefully arranged for all the rain to be dumped on Yorkshire between Friday morning and Sunday evening. Monday will be dry and sunny - honest! :thumbsup:

Ok, rider list for Bank Holiday Monday, 26th May:
  • ColinJ (possibly with pals Carrie and/or Bill - will have to check)
  • Steve H
  • Kestevan
  • Steampig (from Oxenhope)
  • Globalti & son (possibly, if they do not feel like having a lazy day!)

It doesnt take much to slow me to a snails pace.
I have been told I am going over to the Wirral on Monday, so will not be able to make this ride. Wish I could do the 7th June, but I am doing the way of the roses c2c that day. One day I will get on one of your rides!

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Yes, catch you another time, Martin.

The forecast is currently that it will be mild and sunny all day, dry on the way out with a moderate cross/tailwind, showers on the way back with a moderate cross/headwind.

See the rest of you at 08:45 in the car park in HB, for the 09:00 start, or at about 09:45 in front of Oxenhope station.

Steampig - if you want to be able to text me in case of problems, PM your number to me and I will text you back from my ride phone.

I will check this thread at 21:00 today, but will be offline until then.

Steve H

Large Member
Rather than loading up the car with bike and kit and driving to Hebden Bridge for the start, I'm going to ride directly from Brighouse to Oxenhope and meet you when you come through. I'll peel off on the way back in a similar manner to ride back to Brighouse.

If I've understood the thread correctly, I'll see you all in Oxenhope around 09.45.

Right - off to fettle the bike. It has been extremely creaky again recently and needs some loving attention.

See you all tomorrow - don't forget the sun tan cream. :sun:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

[I am just awaiting the delivery of a document which I have promised to proofread and format for someone, so in the mean time I have looked back in here ...]

Ok Steve, see you at Oxenhope. Steampig should be there too, and my tiny pal Carrie has also said that she will be there so look out for a 5'1"-ish woman on a racing bike and introduce yourself!

In case anybody is interested, I am attaching a GPX file of the route. To cut down on the number of trackpoints, that only goes as far as the return trip through Oxenhope. The rest of the ride comes back over the hill the way we rode out in the morning.

Attachments

• SITD 2 forum ride.gpx
    23.9 KB · Views: 68
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

The sun is shining and rain has disappeared from the BBC forecast - whoopee! :sun:

Less wonderful news - I have no appetite but I have to force myself to eat a decent breakfast or risk bonking later ...

Steampig

The sun is shining and rain has disappeared from the BBC forecast - whoopee! :sun:

Less wonderful news - I have no appetite but I have to force myself to eat a decent breakfast or risk bonking later ...

My thoughts exactly! feels weird making porridge on a morning like this and im not hungry?!?!?
Not sure we could ask for a better start to the day for a jaunt round the hills :thumbsup:

Top Bottom