England : West Yorkshire Forum ride: Hebden Bridge to Wharfedale, bank holiday Monday (May 26th)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
When are you riding over my way? If it doesn't clash with work or crap weather I could ride with you for a while. I guess you're going Snake - Hathersage - Grindleford - Froggat? If you want some company let me know when you're planning to hit Glossop and from what direction.
That would be good!

I will be coming in on the B6105 from Woodhead, and intend to ride through Old Glossop on Church St and Manor Park Rd to get onto the A57.

Yes, I will be going - Snake, Hathersage, GrindleFord, Froggat (, Curbar, Beeley Moor, Crich) ... Ambergate.

I am setting off this Wednesday morning (14th May). I don't know what speed I will be able to manage but I reckon I would get to Church St at about 12:30 +/- half an hour. The forecast is looking good - sunny, about 15 degrees, with a helpful tailwind up the Snake!

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
That would be good!

I will be coming in on the B6105 from Woodhead, and intend to ride through Old Glossop on Church St and Manor Park Rd to get onto the A57.

Yes, I will be going - Snake, Hathersage, GrindleFord, Froggat (, Curbar, Beeley Moor, Crich) ... Ambergate.

I am setting off this Wednesday morning (14th May). I don't know what speed I will be able to manage but I reckon I would get to Church St at about 12:30 +/- half an hour. The forecast is looking good - sunny, about 15 degrees, with a helpful tailwind up the Snake!

I'm busy in the afternoon so what I'll do is cycle your route to Glossop but backwards, find you, then cycle back to Glossop to get back for 12.30. Probably do the Snake ascent with you then go home. Can you give me (PM if you prefer) the detailed route so I can reverse it? Kinda hoping you're coming in via Dunford Bridge so I don't end up doing Holme Moss both ways !

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I'm busy in the afternoon so what I'll do is cycle your route to Glossop but backwards, find you, then cycle back to Glossop to get back for 12.30. Probably do the Snake ascent with you then go home. Can you give me (PM if you prefer) the detailed route so I can reverse it? Kinda hoping you're coming in via Dunford Bridge so I don't end up doing Holme Moss both ways !
I do like it round Dunford Bridge but going that way would add distance and climbing which I do not need tomorrow - I will already be doing about 126 km and 2,000 m of hills!

I'll PM you my exact route and a guesstimated itinerary, plus my ride phone number.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Back to the Dales ride ... Let's make it the Bank Holiday Monday (26th May) then!

With our 09:00 start, there shouldn't be any problems finding space in the car park, and the crowds should have started dispersing from Hebden Bridge by the time that we get back. Burnsall will be busy, mind you! Could be queues at the cafe ...

colly

Re member eR
I saw you had postponed this ride and thought ........'.Nice one, ride to HB, over to Wharfedale, back home from there. I'm in then' ^_^

I'm away that week though.:sad: Oh well.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I saw you had postponed this ride and thought ........'.Nice one, ride to HB, over to Wharfedale, back home from there. I'm in then' ^_^

I'm away that week though.:sad: Oh well.
I said that I would do a Sunday ride for those who can't make Saturdays (or Mondays!) so if you are free on either the 22nd or 29th June, let me know and I will come up with another variation on the Wharfedale theme! :thumbsup:

Don't forget the 7th June Bowland ride either ...

colly

Re member eR
I said that I would do a Sunday ride for those who can't make Saturdays (or Mondays!) so if you are free on either the 22nd or 29th June, let me know and I will come up with another variation on the Wharfedale theme! :thumbsup:

Don't forget the 7th June Bowland ride either ...

Hmm. The 29th June is out as I'm up in the Northumberland but the 22nd might well be a good'un.

The Bowland ride on the 7th would be great but Mrs Colly has other plans for me that weekend. It involves plumbing, and kitchen units and stuff. That and I am also helping son No1 to move back home for a spell.
I'll keep an eye out for any developments Col.

Top Bottom